The Flame

*Leo*

Dinner was great in Leo's opinion. Mainly for three reasons. One, he was super hungry. Two, everyone seemed to be having a pretty good time with each other. And three, Valentine hadn't dumped her food all over him. He seriously didn't understand her. One minute she's ready to bash someone's head with a book, the next she's all sensitive and opens up to people. Leo couldn't really go pointing fingers though, considering that he basically hid behind a personality for defense too.

After dinner, Valentine said a quick goodbye to Jason and Piper, then dragged Leo away from them. Once hidden behind the Demeter cabin, he could finally snatch his wrist out of her grasp.

"What the Hades? What was that about?" Leo crossed his arms, studying Valentine as she peeked around the corners to make sure no one was looking. 'Crap, she's going to try to kill me.'

"Lets see, we've got unarmed combat next... That usually takes about two hours..." Valentine started mumbling to herself, adjusting her glasses every now and then. Leo tapped his foot on the ground, awkwardly waiting. "Two hours that we could probably miss without getting into trouble... We'd surely make it back to campfire by 9 o'clock before it starts..."

"Valentine, what are you even talking about? Can I go back to Jason and Piper now?"

"Shut up, Valdez, I'm trying to think."

"Sheesh! Just a simple question, no need to freak out."

"Well, just don't ask questions and we'll be fine."

"No seriously, what's up?"

Valentine rolled her eyes, turning to face him. "I'm trying to see if we could sneak off to my garden right now." Leo's eyes widened.

"No way! Chiron would flip!"

"And you think I care about what he has to say about what I do?"

"He is kind of the camp director."

"Ugh, that means no! I don't!" Looking around once more, Valentine started pulling Leo back in the direction of the woods that they had gone in earlier. Leo slipped his arm out of her hold, locking himself in place.

"Not going."

"What? Since when do you not want to go?" Valentine looked mad. Leo put on his best stern and composed facial expression.

"Of course I want to go, but you're in no state to be venturing through the forest."

Valentine's eye twitched. "I'm perfectly fine. Nothing hurts anymore."

"Right now, yes. But what if something happens? I'm not being held responsible if you suddenly pass out in the middle of walking." Although she wouldn't admit it, Leo could see that Valentine knew he was right. "How about we save that trip for in a few days?"

She refused to talk for a moment, showing just how stubborn she could be. With a small sigh, Valentine nodded. "Fine." Leo smiled in accomplishment, turning towards the training area.

"Well then, can't be late for-"

"No way are we going to unarmed combat."

"Huh? Why not?"

Valentine feigned weakness, forcing herself to stumble in her steps a little bit. "I'm in no state to be fighting." She said sarcastically, a small smirk tugging at the end of her lips. Leo rolled his eyes.

"Haha, you've got me there." He paused for a second, "What'll we tell Chiron?"

Valentine thought for a second, her nose scrunching in concentration. Leo thought that was kind of adorable, but of course he didn't tell her that.