2 dollars store

i was walking down the familiar pathway that led to a shop, while burying my head in my warm scarf. as usual, everything in there is two dollars. so if i buy two items, i'll have to pay four dollars.

the shop there used to be packed to the brim but now it almost became unknown as there are lesser people living around the area.
so i'm a regular here.
little that i know, there was a commotion in the peaceful shop.

i hummed to a catchy tune as i made way to the store. my friend will move in next to my apartment today and i can't wait to meet. so i decided to buy some food as a welcoming present.

i stepped inside, away from the freezing cold from outside. it was warm in here. i loosened my scarf a bit, sl that it covered half of my face.
the first thing i heard was some snoring, which is probably produced by the shopkeeper, and footsteps.
hmm, that's weird. is there a customer in here?

i just went to grab three bottles of fizzy drink, a few snacks and a pre-made tuna sandwich for me. then i headed for the counter to pay. as i slowly walked towards it, a heard some talking.

right before i turned my heels, i heard a table being banged.

"what's your problem?" the shopkeeper screeched.

i carefully approached the argument and hid behind a shelf, containing tons of hard candies.

"you said it was $8, isn't it only $2?" a blonde man placed his hands on the table. he was wearing a bucket hat and a mask so it's hard to see his face.

i stifled a laughter by the blonde man's stupidity. of course, everything in here is sold $2 individually.

"can't you math? and ple-" a slap cut him off.

wow, this dude sure is mad.

suddenly, i made an eye contact with the shopkeeper.
'please help' i read his lips together with his pleading eyes.

i cleared my throat before making my way to the blonde man, who is now clutching tight onto the shopkeeper's collar.

i tapped on the man's shoulder, "sir. he is right."

"do you mind with not messing with other people's business?" the blonde man spat.

"idiot," i muttered.

"sorry, what?" the blonde man shouted.

"nothing," i said as i stepped closer to the shopkeeper to help him.

"tell me now or i'll-"

"kill me?" i finished off as the shopkeeper escaped to behind the man.

"maybe," i could hear him grinned.

just then, the man was pulled back by the shopkeeper. during the process, the man's disguise was taken off.

"yoongi?" i said as i pointed at you.

"y/n?" you copied my reaction.

you are going person who was moving in.
i pulled you up and we did our famous handshake.

"miss, wanna pay or what?" the shopkeeper eyed you.

"yes please. and together with his," i faced you.
"i'll pay."

the shopkeeper rolled his eyes.