Chapter III

Present day...

"There she is! The big BM!" Cynthia-Rose cheered once Beca got into her studio office Monday morning.

"CR!" Beca high-fived the woman then sat at her desk.

Cynthia-Rose was Beca's business partner. They hit it off as soon as they met and they always enjoy working together. They always made jokes, especially about being interested in women. Cynthia-Rose always competed with Beca on how hard it was to get a girlfriend before they were single and Cynthia-Rose would win most of the time by saying how she was black, gay, and a woman. The comment never failed to make Beca laugh.

"How're things?"

"Good! My best friend got engaged on the weekend so that was fun."

"Yes, I heard about that! Aubrey hasn't stopped smiling ever since she got here."

"Even though she's a pain in my ass, I'm happy for her."

Cynthia-Rose chuckled. "She says the same thing about you."

"That she's happy for me?"

"No, that you're a pain in her ass."

Beca laughed. "I'm glad the feelings mutual."

"I think it'll always be that way."

"True."

"So when are you and Chloe going to get married?"

"Not sure yet. I'm still getting used to the fame life."

"You've been in the fame life for four years now. I think you've got the hang of it."

"Yeah..."

"Come on, Beca. You love Chloe. Chloe loves you. You two do everything together. You're as happy as you were the day I met you. Why not put a ring on it?"

"We've agreed to wait until we're one hundred percent comfortable getting married. We want to make sure that our careers are settled before we take that step."

"What do you mean until your careers are settled? They ARE settled."

"Not really. Our schedules are all over the place."

"How?"

"Well, Chloe travels to do her shoots and I travel to do my tours. We can be apart from each other for quite some time."

"Yeah, but that's on the rare occasion. Chloe goes with you whenever she can. It's just the world tours that she can't do sometimes and even then she travels to be with you for the rest of it. You're hardly apart and when you are it just makes you stronger. I can't see any reason why you two just don't get married already."

"As I said - we just want to make sure that we're ready before we take that step."

"Have you spoken to Chloe about it?"

"Of course I have."

"Recently?"

"Well... What do you class as recently?"

"The past few weeks?"

"No."

"When was the last time you spoke about it? Like, had an actual conversation?"

"Ah..." Beca tried to think but she honestly couldn't remember.

"Okay, you need to talk to her about it."

"What? Why?" The brunette frowned.

"Because you can't even remember the last time you talked about it!"