Chapter XXXVII

"Bite me, Beale,"

"Gladly," Chloe bit down on her giggle as Beca laughed and strutted away into her dressing room.

"So, you and Beca are alright now after what happened at your birthday party?" Benji asked as he sat across from Chloe with Emily by his side.

"Yeah, we're all good now," Chloe nodded confidently.

"I'm glad you two worked things out. Beca was so miserable without you," Emily stated.

"I was miserable without her. But it's all in the past now so there's no need to worry about it anymore."

"No," Emily agreed.

"What about you two, huh? When was the last time you saw each other like this?"

"Oh, gee... not for ages!" Emily laughed.

"Yeah, it's been a while but it's good to see each other again," Benji added.

"I bet! I couldn't imagine being away from Beca for so long."

"Aren't you guys apart when she goes on tours and stuff?" Emily asked.

"Not really. If I can't go with her straight away, I fly over to where she is when I'm done doing my thing. Same with her if I'm going on a photoshoot tour or something. It's just something that we do."

"Aww! So cute!" Emily cooed.

"Yeah, that is pretty sweet," Benji agreed, making Emily smile at him. "Have you heard anything from Stacie and Aubrey?"

"Yeah, Bree sends me snaps of her honeymoon every now and then, so does Stacie. They're having a wonderful time. I'm so happy for them."

"Me, too. They seem like a very happy couple," Emily spoke.

"They are. I'm so glad that Bree went out with her. It was the best decision of her life."

"Are you and Beca gonna get married?"

"One day. Beca's still very career orientated at the moment and wants to wait a little bit and I'm fine with that. I understand that being famous can be challenging and we all know what Beca's like when it comes to serious things."

"Well, I don't think you have to worry about that, Chloe. Beca seems pretty into you," Emily laughed.

"Well, that's good because I'm pretty into her."

"CODE RED! CODE RED! GO! GO! GO!"

Chloe, Emily, and Benji were distracted when a large group of security guards and medics raced past them and towards Beca's dressing room.

"What's going on?" Emily asked.

"I don't know but they're going to Beca's dressing room..." Chloe stood and followed the security guards. "What's going on?"

"Please, stand back, Miss Beale," one guard told her.

"Is Beca okay? What's happened?" Chloe began to worry.

"She's been stabbed, ma'am. Our teams are out looking for the attacker now."

"She's been WHAT!" Chloe yelled then pushed past the guard and didn't stop until she was at the entrance of Beca's dressing room where Beca was lying on the floor in a puddle of her own blood.

The artist was as white as snow and she wasn't breathing.

"BECA!" Chloe screamed and went to be by Beca's side but a security guard grabbed the redhead and stopped her from entering the room.

"No, ma'am!"

"Let me go! She's my girlfriend!" Chloe protested, trying her best to get out of the guard's arms.