Chapter XXVIII

Beca felt like she hadn't slept so well in years. She still couldn't believe that she was back with her girlfriend - the love of her life. It had been a few days since the couple made up and Beca was ever so grateful for that. She had missed the redhead so much it hurt. Their first night back together was quite intense since they made up for hours on end, not giving a care in the world if anyone heard them. They were too in love to care and had missed each other too much to care. Even though being around Aubrey and her parents was depressing, Beca and Chloe were still in their little love bubble that they always were in. They thought that the new and lovey-dovey feelings would have worn off over time but they never did. They only intensified and Beca and Chloe quickly realised just how much they loved each other and their strong feelings reassured them both that they were going to be together forever.

It was a new day and Beca was curled around Chloe as much as her little body would let her while Chloe slept soundly in the brunette's arms. Every night since they got back together from their break, Beca had coiled herself around Chloe and stayed that way through the entire night as did Chloe. They were comfortable and were able to sleep well again with each other. Neither woman ever wanted to fight again and they realised just how much being apart had affected them.

Unfortunately, their peaceful sleep-in was interrupted when Chloe got a phone call around ten in the morning. That was another thing - ever since they got back together they slept in quite late. Some mornings they even woke up at around eleven, which was late for them considering their usual time to get up was around seven-thirty/eight o'clock.

"Mm..." Chloe groaned and reached for her phone with her eyes barely open.

It took her a few tries to grab her phone and answer it but she got there eventually.

"Hello?" Chloe's voice was low and groggy.

"Chloe! Chloe!" It was Aubrey. "Daddy's woken up! He's woken up!"

Chloe's eyes flung open as she sat up, making Beca groan.

"He did?"

"Yes! He woke up about ten minutes ago! He's awake, Chloe! He's awake!" Aubrey was over the moon.

"That's fantastic, Bree! Is everything okay with him?"

"Yes, so far. The doctor said that everything looks good but they're just running some tests to make sure that everything's okay. I just... They said they weren't sure if he was going to make it..."

"Well, doctors have said lots of things and have been proven wrong. My uncle had a lumbar laminectomy operation and the doctor's said that he probably wouldn't walk again but he went to rehab and now he's walking as if the operation never happened! It's amazing what people can recover from."

"It sure is. I hope that everything's okay with daddy and that he'll pull through as if his heart attack never happened."

"He's a strong man, Bree. I think he'll be just fine and even if he's not he will be because he's got you and family and friends."

"He does. Thank you so much for your support, Chlo... You've done so much for me over these past weeks and it's meant the world to me..." Aubrey sobbed.

"Oh, Bree!" Chloe said sympathetically. "Please don't cry. You know that it'll make me cry!"

"I'm sorry... It's just... this whole thing has done a number on me and I didn't realise just how much everyone was supporting me until now... I really have to thank Stace... She's been absolutely amazing and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She's my rock and I'm so happy and lucky that she's going to be my wife."

Chloe's heart melted at Aubrey's words. That always happened whenever she heard her best friend talk about Stacie that way. She had never seen the blonde so happy before in her life and it always put a smile on Chloe's face whenever she saw Aubrey and Stacie together. They were just such a perfect match for each other and Chloe was so glad that the two of them met.