↟Chapter Two↡

Izuku's mood quickly changed to confusion.

"Inherit... All Might's...?"

"That's right, my boy," All Might said, cutting through his thoughts. "My quirk, One For All, can be passed down to another, as it has done for generations. I feel that you are worthy of taking this power."

All Might stared at Izuku while Izuku stared back, shocked.

"I-I-I...!"

Izuku lifted his hands. 'But why me? A mute like me would never be worthy of your power, All Might.'

All Might shook his head. "No, you are far worthy for One For All. Out of all the people in that crowd, that quirkless, mute you was the only one who moved. It's because of that that you're worthy. My boy, there is one thing almost every great hero has in common from their school years. Their bodies moved on their own."

Izuku listened to All Might with still teary eyes, taking in every word with a shaky breath.

"Your impulse to save others is so strong that you would risk your life for another. Because of that, you can be a great hero. Will you take my power, make it your own, and let me teach you?"

All Might's words still echoed around his head, but just enough that he could still think. All Izuku had ever wanted was to be told that he could be a hero, to be assured. His idol came to him and told him that, even offering his power in turn. It was much more than he'd ever wanted, but there was nothing he'd ever been so sure about either.

With a curt nod, he answered.

All Might laughed. "No hesitance! I like that!"

———————————————

As soon as Izuku had gotten home, his mom was immediately all over him, asking if he was okay and checking for injuries. When she finally assured herself that he was okay, she sent him to his room for some rest.

He wanted to tell his mom of All Might's power, but he had told Izuku not to tell anyone about what was going on. Even to his own mother.

"Maybe one day," He thought, "but not now."

Izuku crashed on his bed after his shower and waited as his mom made dinner. He stared up at the ceiling and though of the days to come.

All Might had told him that he would start training him the next day, and for some reason, he couldn't wait.

———————————————

They met up after school and All Might brought Izuku to a beach covered in old, rusty junk. When Izuku heard that he was supposed to clean it all up in under ten months, before the UA entrance exams, he felt like training.

"One For All is a great power, yes, but it could be very dangerous for an unprepared body. If I gave this power to you now, with those skinny limbs of yours, you'd probably explode," All Might explained.

Izuku flinched at the thought.

"That's why we need to build up your muscle, and to do that, you're gonna clean up this whole beach, got it?" All Might asked.

Izuku nodded in response.

"Good. I'll give you a schedule to help organize your training between your school and rest days. Gotta make sure you don't overwork yourself. Now let's get to it!"