↟Chapter Eight↡

I realize that I haven't really made an author's note up here, so this is the first one! Thank you to those who've read this fic! I'm really grateful and I hope you all will continue to read and enjoy it ^^

〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※

The following morning, Izuku woke up to a cat on his head. At first, he wondered where it came from, but then he remembered the events of yesterday. Izuku reached over and pet the cat before carefully pushing him off his head. It meowed tiredly in response.

Izuku walked into his bathroom and cleaned himself up. He brushed his teeth and looked at the bags under his eyes. They weren't as dark or prominent as before. He didn't wake up in the middle of the night because of that same nightmare either. Maybe having a cat really did help.

He went to the living room to see his mom already in the kitchen making some pancakes. She turned around at the sound of his footsteps.

"Good morning, Izuku," She greeted.

Izuku nodded his head and sat in his seat as his mom gave him a few pieces of pancake. She set up a plate for herself and gave a bit of pancake and a small plate of milk to Yoru who jumped up on the table.

She sat down just across from him and made small talk while they ate breakfast.

"So, Izuku, did you make any new friends yet?" She asked as he shoved a fork full of pancake in his mouth.

Izuku nodded in response and set his fork down to sign. 'I'm pretty sure I did. This guy named Iida Tenya and a girl named Uraraka Ochaco. They both came up to talk to me and were really nice.'

His mom smiled. "Well, it's good to know that you've got friends there. I hope they take good care of you."

'You're making it sound like they're adopting me'

"You know what I meant," She laughed.

When they were done eating, his mom went to wash the dishes and Izuku went to take a shower. Yoru followed him into his room and curled up on the bed before falling asleep. Around 7:50, Izuku had finished getting ready for school. He pet his sleeping cat and waved goodbye to his mom before leaving the apartment. When he got on the subway, he checked his phone and scrolled through the news, checking for any hero updates. Izuku was definitely going to be early, but he didn't mind. He was usually always the first and earliest in the classroom back in junior high.

What he didn't expect was to see Iida there already, sitting in his seat straight up, his eyes focused on the board as though Aizawa had written something on it. When Izuku shut the door behind him, Iida turned around and greeted him.

"Good morning, Midoriya! It's nice to see you here so early. A good student must come to class on time, even if it's early!"

Izuku bowed in greeting and walked over to him, taking out his journal. He sat in the desk in front of Iida's and faced him, setting his legs on the sides of the chair.

They talked for a few minutes and got to know each other more. About ten minutes later, the back door slid open and both of them turned to see who it was.

In walked one of their classmates who Izuku hadn't noticed before. He sat at the back and was always quiet (not that he was one to speak). His hair was white on one side and red on the other, and his mismatched eyes were cold and distant. Though Iida didn't seem to notice at all.

"Good morning, fellow classmate! Glad to see you early today!" Iida said as he stood from his seat and bowed.

The guy glanced at him before turning away and walked to his seat. Izuku watched as Iida arched an eyebrow before sitting back down in his seat.