↟Chapter Eleven↡

Heart squeeze—

〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※〜※

Izuku leaned against the wall and panted. He never liked being chased. That was one of the many reasons he never played games with the other kids when he was little.

"He came straight for me and flat-out ignored Uraraka. If anything, Iida should've been the one going after us, with his speed and all, so this is just Kacchan rampaging on his own! There's no teamwork going on!"

He peeked over the corner of the wall.

"If both of them came after us at the start, our chances would've been extremely slim. If I'd stuck with Uraraka, we'd probably waste what time we have just handling them. Ugh, it's no use thinking like that. I just have to hope that Uraraka can somehow secure the weapon and capture Iida- assuming I can beat Kacchan..."

Izuku reached over to the communicator in his ear and turned it on. He might as well discuss a plan while he still had a voice.

"...H-Hey, U-Uraraka, can you hear me...?" He whispered.

I few seconds later he heard a reply.

'Deku-kun?! Is that you?!' She asked in a hushed voice.

"Sorry... no time t-to explain. It probably won't... last long, so just listen to me okay? Where are y-you now?"

'I'm in the room with the bomb," She said. "Iida-kun is the only one here and he's acting kinda... scary? I mean, he's acting like a villain right now...'

"What's he doing?" Izuku asked.

'Monologuing.'

Izuku let out a small chuckle. "Alright... that should buy us some time. Just l-listen to me, alright?"

———————————————

Katsuki growled as he made his way down the hall.

"Stupid Deku! Come out already!"

A picture of Midoriya's glare at Katsuki from when their Junior High term ended flashed in his mind. Then followed by the signed message he'd given him.

"Someone told me that I could be a hero... Someone gave me courage and support and told me. Me! That I could be a hero. You have no idea how much I've trained, how hard I worked for this moment. Kacchan...I earned this! That's why... That's why I'm not going anywhere else."

The scowl on Katsuki's face grew when he remembered Midoriya's words at the beginning of the activity.

"I'm not gonna be your u-useless punching bag Deku anymore...! K-Kacchan, I'm the Deku that will do his b-best!"

To Katsuki, Midoriya was always just a pebble. A pebble on his road to success. He was nothing. He was useless. He was worthless.

"Just a damn pebble."

A moment from their childhood slipped into his mind. Katsuki had slipped off a log and fell into a river. The other kids new he was alright since he was strong, but then came Midoriya. His face showed pure concern as he held out his hand toward Katsuki.