Ch 3

The rest of the week went by quickly. You'd wake up, usually on time, get dressed into your Gryffindor robe and tie and go to the great hall for breakfast. After that, you'd go to your classes. At the end of the day, you'd usually change into more comfortable clothes and do your homework in the common room with your friends. Once you were done with homework you went for dinner. You later went to your dorm, chat with your roommates, then slept.

Before you knew it it was Friday, the end of the week. You had just finished your last class and made your way to the Gryffindor common room. When you were entering the portrait hole you were met on the other side by the questioning eyes of Alice Wright.

"So... it's Friday." She said.

"Really Alice? I had no idea." You sarcastically stated.

"No, I mean tomorrow is Saturday, meaning  you're going on your little date with Black."

When you learned that you had to tutor Sirius the first person you told was Alice. This was because out of all your friends she was the most trustworthy. If you told Lily she'd probably shout your ear off about how he and Potter are just a bunch of gits and bullies; not that you didn't agree, you just didn't need to hear her repeat it for the 5th year in a row. Sometimes you just wished that she'd say yes to Potter before you lose your mind.

"For the last time Wright, it's not a date." You tiredly said. "Plus it's not like I wanted to do it. He just agreed and left."

"Mhmm, sure." Over the last week, you got the feeling that she had an absurd idea that you fancied Black. She'd always tell you and the rest of your friends that she was an expert on relationships because she's 'experienced'. Marlene always argued saying that she's dated the most people but Alice usually shut her down by stating that none of them lasted. Alice has only dated 2 people in her life; a student from Beauxbatons Academy, for a week or two, and Frank Longbottom, since 3rd year. You and Marlene always joked about them getting married after 7th year and you'd call her Mrs. Longbottom. 

"Gosh your impossible, I'm going to go change." You said walking past her. 

To your dismay, she followed you. You opened the dorm to see it was empty. Assuming Lily and Marlene went to do their homework elsewhere, you grabbed your clothes and headed for the bathroom. While you were changing you heard Alice sneeze. Why was she still here? Probably to annoy you on you 'date' with Sirius or whatever. You were surprised that she didn't tell Lily and Marlene; especially Marlene.

"What're you still doing here?" You asked through the bathroom door. She pushed aside your question.

"What are you wearing?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm changing into sweats and-" You started saying.

"I mean tomorrow. What're you gonna wear?" I stepped out of the bathroom and stared at her.

"You're not letting this go are you?" She shook her head. "Fine, I don't know. I'll probably just wear jeans and some shirt."

"Really (Y/N)?" She said judgmentally.

"Yes, really." You answered back.

"Fine, I'll go find Lils and Marley." She began walking towards the door. "By the way that's not what I'd wear to a first date." She teased and left the dorm.

"IT'S NOT A DATE!" You shouted after her and heard her chuckle. 

You were sure Sirius didn't even remember agreeing to your tutoring session. You imagined going to the library, finding it empty and then leaving just as fast as you came in. You pushed the thought of tomorrow and begun your homework, usually doing your Friday homework on the day you got it so that you could relax on the weekends. Later you ate dinner, changed and went to sleep. 

The next morning you woke up at 10 am. You wondered why you set an alarm then remembered that you had tutor Sirius and groaned.

"Ughh. Why me?" You asked yourself.

You briskly walked to the library. When I get there he won't be there, you thought to yourself. You felt saddened by the idea; you had didn't know why. That sadness was transformed into anxiousness as you stood at the open doors of the library. Your eyes widened and your stomach did cartwheels when you spotted the dark haired boy. Once he saw you looking at him he grinned. You started walking towards him.

"Look who finally bothered to show up. I was afraid you wouldn't come (L/N)." He said dramatically.

"I could say the same to you Black." You mumbled then smiled. "Why'd you come so early?"

"Early? It's 12, that's not early." 

"To me it is. I'd wake up at 2 if Lily would allow me." You sat down next to him when he didn't say anything else. He just stared at you, an amused smile playing on his lips. "What do you wanna start with. Muggle cooking? Muggle clothing? Muggle-"

"How about muggle sports? I struggle with those." He said his cheeks reddening. 

"Oh, okay. Hmm... why don't we start with football, or as the Americans call it, soccer." You told him all about the sports you knew. Sirius stared into your eyes as they brightened up when you started talking about (Y/F/S). You talked about it with admirable passion it made Sirius' face turn a deeper shade of scarlet and his heart pound in his chest as he looked at you. 

After an hour of discussion, you began quizzing him.

"What do you call Football in the US?"

"Soccer."

"What's the difference between Tennis and Badminton?"

"In Tennis, the racket has a wider place for the ball to hit but a Badminton racket it longer."

"And?"

"And... oh, tennis uses a ball and badminton uses a shuttlecock which some people call a birdie."

"Good! What came first; Rugby or American Football?"

"Rugby."

"Great, you got all the questions right. Personally, I'm surprised." (Y/N) stated.

"Are you calling me dumb?" Sirius asked and wriggled his eyebrows. You laughed and he smiled at the sound. "Why do you like (Y/F/S) so much? Did you play it when you were a kid?" He asked.

"Yeah, my dad taught my mother and me how to play when I was 6. Mum was hopeless but I actually enjoyed it. We usually played it during the weekend. There was this one time I tried teaching Remus how to play but believe me, the old lady that lived next door could play better." 

You and Sirius talked for the rest of the time about random topics appreciating each others company; just like when you first talked to him. You both stayed there till Madam Pince kicked you out. You walked together in the hallway laughing and entered the Gryffindor common room. 

"Hope you learned something or Professor Burbage will have my head." You joked.

"Don't worry, I did. Quite a lot actually." He said. You faced him noticing he was already looking down at you. 

"Well see you later Sirius." You said awkwardly rocking on your heel, unsure of what to do next. You decide to flash him a smile and make your way to the girls' dorms.

"See you (L/N)." He called out.

You both got to your individual dorms and lay on your beds, oblivious to the similar butterflies in each of your stomachs.

____

(Y/F/S) stands for (your favourite sport)