Ch 20

One thing was clear after that night with Sirius Black in the hospital wing. Lily would've been extremely angry with you. You knew it the moment you told Remus and Alice and observed the fearful and pitiful looks on their faces. You definitely feared for yourself. That's why you and Sirius hid it from her, James, Marlene and Peter. The remaining weeks were filled with you and Sirius only talking behind bushes and in muggle studies -- which got you in a lot of trouble-- and him catching you staring at him in any other class and winking causing heat to rush to your face and Lily to questions you. 

That all lasted till one day when Lily walked into your muggle studies class to see Sirius' arm wrapped around your waist. She interrogated you that night for hours long until you spilt everything. She got angry to the point her face was as red as her hair, you could practically see smoke emerge from her ears and her green eyes screamed murder. Later that week you realized that a few curses were thrown at both Severus and Sirius (and James for fun) till she'd calmed down.

"Stop shaking your leg Lils, you couldn't have failed." Alice calmly said placing a hand on Lily's leg.

"There's a first for everything Wright." Lily worriedly claimed.

"And things also do stay the same," Alice said as Lily's shaking leg stopped bouncing.

You, Lily, Alice and Marlene were currently sitting together on your bed as you awaited the owl that was meant to bring in your O.W.L scores. Panic was written on all four of your faces. So far most seventh year already got their N.E.W.T scores and now had to focus on their careers but all fifth years stayed on edge for theirs. With Mrs McGonagall's nasty glares as they walked down the hallways and Professor Dumbledore's pitiful looks, most were persuaded they had failed.

Lost in thought, you didn't notice the four owls fly to your widow till Lily sprung up from her seat and opened it. Each owl gracefully flew in and landed on each bed, placing envelopes on it before leaving back where they came in from. Lily and Alice dived for their scores and Marlene and you leisurely took your time.

Reaching your bed you noticed you had two envelopes instead of just one. The first one had the official Hogwarts stamp and the second had familiar sloppy handwriting on the back. You hid the later under your pillow and opened the first. 

You'd have been lying if you said your scores didn't surprise you. You'd gotten nine O's in Charms, Transfigurations, Care For Magical Creatures, Divinations, Defence Against Dark Arts, Muggle Studies, Herbology, Astronomy and Potions and three E's in Ancient Runes, History of Magic and Arithmancy. A grin spread on your face as you looked up to see similar expressions on your roommates' faces.

"Eleven O's, one E." Lily beamed as you all clapped in response.

"Nine O's, three E's." You contributed earing claps too.

"Ten O's, one E, and one A." Alice smiled glad to not be disappointed.

"Eight O's, four E's," Marlene concluded, surprising herself.

As the rest of the girls chat together you remembered the letter you hid under your pillow and opened it.

(Y/N),

Meet me in the Astronomy tower right after dinner. I have something important to tell you.

Sirius

The worst case scenarios ran in your mind as you folded the paper and walked with your still chatting friends to the dining hall. Is Sirius ok? What does he need to tell me? Is he hurt? Did he hurt someone? The questions didn't stop. 

You reached the hall and searched the crowd till your eyes met with Sirius's grey ones. You smiled at him but instead of his usual smirk or wink, he shyly turned away with his face red. Did I do something wrong? You thought as you sat down. The minute you were just about to start eating Sirius abruptly stood up and headed out the door. Worry grew in you but you pushed it aside planning on asking him later and conversed with your friends and other people on the table. Lucy even came to your table to tell you all her O.W.L scores which were impressive so were Remus', James' and Peter's. 

"I have to go ask Professor Dumbledore something quickly, go to the room without me. Don't wait up." You lied once you and your roommates were out of the hall. They nodded and went their way and you swiftly turned to go to the astronomy tower.

The stairs leading to the tower were excruciatingly long but were worth the view. There were stars everywhere in every direction. They lit the night sky brighter than usual like specks of gold on black pavement. You admired the stars before you noticed the scenerey below it. There was a checkered blanket lying on the floor with two large pillows, side by side. You stood there dumbfounded a sense of Déjà vu washing over you realising you'd dreamed of this moment repetitively for the entire year.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A raspy voice said quietly but loud enough to hear. You turned to see the black hair and smirk of Sirius Black, his eyes glued on you. 

"Yeah," You croaked unable to find the right words. Sirius chuckled and crept his hand on your waist before guiding you towards the seats. You both sat down and admired the stars in front of you before he spoke.

"I passed." You turned to see Sirius not smirking but genuinely smiling brighter than any star in the sky. It melted your heart. 

"Pardon." You asked, confused. He turned around, smile not leaving his face, and pulled a parchment out of his robe pocket. He held the parchment and scooted closer to you as he opened it. You looked down at the parchment and saw his O.W.L scores but one caught your eye in particular. 

Muggle Studies            {E} Exceeds Expectations.

"You passed." You screeched as happiness and pride filled you. 

"I passed," Sirius repeated. "I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you (Y/N)." He thanked before engulfing you in a hug. A long hug. You sat there, arms intertwined, breathing in each other's scents and neither of you wanting to let go.

"You could've done it without me, you're smarter than you think Black." You said snuggling into the crest of his neck. You felt goosebumps grow on his arm and shoulder as you breathed on his collar bone. He pulled away slightly, just enough for your faces to be inches apart with your breathing mingling.

"I've been wanting to tell you something for a while (Y/N)," Sirius started. He looked down and it felt odd to see him switch from his usual calm and smooth self to a flustered mess within minutes. "Since the second year to be precise. I don't know what it is exactly. Could be your smile or your laugh or that adorable face you make when I'd get a question wrong but you didn't want to tell me." He took a deep breath in as your heartbeat sped up. 

"I like you. I really like you (Y/N) and I have for the past four years." Sirius whispered but with the close distance between the two of you, you'd heard it well. He looked up at you waiting for your response. You knew you looked confused but suddenly a smile appeared on your face wide enough to hurt your cheek.

"I like you too Sirius. I never told you because I thought you didn't like me back." You confessed.

"How couldn't I? I like your eyes and your hair. I like how patient and forgiving you are. I like that you like me, and I hope to like you more if that's even possible." He chuckled and you joined in. As it died down you notice that the distance between the two of you was smaller than before and Sirius's eyes were stuck on your lips. His own lips crashed against yours.

Sirius Black is actually kissing me. Your brain screamed as you kissed back. His mouth tasted like raspberry and strawberry. The kiss lasted a few seconds before you both pulled apart, breathing unsteadily.

"Agreeing for you to tutor me was the best decision I've ever made in my life. You're the best decision I've ever made (Y/N)." He huffed and held you close as you chatted the night away. You'd never regret the day you became his tutor.

________________________________________

Welcome to the end.

A few of you asked me to update since the last time I did so was back on Feb 14th so here you are. This is the last chapter of His Tutor and a pavement for other stories I will be writing that I hope you'll read. Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting. I love you all so much.

a.m