Ch 13

"Wake up. It's Christmas." You heard a voice say in your ear.

"That's nice. Just give me 5 more minutes." You murmured.

"Is she kidding? Wake up you sleepy head." The voice continued before you felt cold water on your face. You sat up coughing up the water you swallowed.

"What was that for?" You yelled glaring at the short haired girl in front of you.

"Get up. It's Christmas." Alice technically screamed. As much as you wanted to get angry at Alice, her enthusiasm was adorable. You laughed to yourself as you got up, walking past Marlene and Lily complaining, to the dorm bathroom. You quickly changed into something warm and walked out.

"Where'd Alice go?" You asked Marlene who was sitting on her bed.

"She went to find Longbottom. Have the gifts been dropped off yet?" She asked concern masking her face.

"I doubt. Headmaster Dumbledore said he wanted all students to spend Christmas together. For us to make friends and just have fun without any books or stud-" You were cut of by a loud shriek.

"It's snowing! " Lily excitedly screamed leaning over the open window. You hurriedly ran to join her feeling the cold flakes land on your hand. You turned to Lily a grin spread on each of your faces.

"Snowball Fight! " You shouted. Both of you scrambled around the room getting your hats, scarfs, jackets and gloves. Marlene watched both of you in the comfort of her bed.

"Coming Marls?" You asked about to exit the room.

"No thank you. I've learned from last year to never go near snow when you two are around." Marlene chuckled.

"Suit yourself." Lily said dashing out of the room, you following close behind. 

Opening the door leading out the scenery distracted you from the freezing cold air hitting your face. Christmas was the most beautiful time at Hogwarts. The rising sun made the snow glisten on top of the trees at the entrance of the forbidden forest. The black lake looked more defined than usual with snow building up at the shores and the orange sunlight breaking through the surface. 

Admiring the landscape of Hogwarts your thoughts were interrupted by the familiar feeling of something cold hitting the back of your head causing you to stumble forward slightly.

"You're gonna pay for that Evans." You shouted turning around to face Lily. You slowly started rolling up a ball and her face lost its colour. She started running for cover but it was too late. The snow hit her on her left shoulder. You managed to hit her on her shoulder and graze her cheek but Lily managed to hit you square in the face. It went on like that for the next half an hour. As you were about to throw a ball at a frightened Lily you felt snow hit your back. You turned around slowly.

"Mind if we join in?" Sirius said smirking. Beside him stood a highly energetic James Potter, a brooding Remus Lupin and a grinning Lucy Hendrix, each with snow rolled up in their hands. A ball flew past you landing on James's chest.

"We'll take that as a yes." Was all James said before he threw a ball hitting Lily on the face. Eventually you decided to split up into teams; one team with Lucy, Remus and Lily and the other with you, Sirius and James. Long story short your team won. 

Laughing, you and your friends walked back into the warm school.

"I have to meet up with some of my friends from Slytherin. See you guys." Lucy said jogging to the dungeons.

"We're gonna head off to. I have snow where snow is not supposed to be." Sirius joked as him and the guys started walking up to the Gryffindor tower. He stopped turning around to face you, an amused look on his face.

"Oh, and (Y/N)." He called out. "As cute as you look with it, you might want to remove the snow in your hair." He flirted, winking at you, before turning back. You hurriedly tried to remove the snow on your hair trying to hide your smile from Lily.

You both found your two other roommates huddled up in front of the fire in the common room with the Marauders and decided to sit with them. Opening gifts you got multiple. You got a scarf that Mrs. Lupin and your mother worked together into making annually for you and Remus with your initial at the ends, a framed photo of you, her, Marlene and Lily in 2nd year from Alice, a copy of one of your favorite books from Lily, and a set of new quills from Marlene. You also got more books from Peter and Remus, a mug from James and a necklace with the Gryffindor house crest pendant with your initials and the date 1st September 1971 carved in the back from Sirius. You wrote to your parents before bed to wish them a Merry Christmas and thank them for everything.

Saying it was hectic between Christmas and New Years was an understatement. With exams coming up everyone was trying to cram as much knowledge into there heads in those 6 days which ended with a few students landing themselves in the hospital wing.

New years was enjoyable. All of Hogwarts' students that were staying for the holidays gathered outside near the black lake counting down. When 1976 finally reached all the teachers and 7th years used their wand to cast beautiful firework-like lights in the sky. You sat there, your eyes roaming around every single face, being thankful for all the friends and family you'd made so far at Hogwarts and looking forward to the new year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyy, 

HAPPY NEW YEARS. Hope you all had a wonderful 2018 but if you didn't (like me) let's try and make 2019 count

a.m