Ch 9

"You're kidding!" Lucy exclaimed dying of laughter.

"No joke. He literally just rolled down the hill. It was hilarious." You gushed tears threatening to spill from your eyes. "By the way don't tell Remus I told you this or he'd kill me."

She laughed before saying, "No promises (L/N)."

December break had finally begun. Due to the O.W.L's all fifth years were made to stay in school whereas everyone else had gone home for the holidays. Some older students that were attending the dance, which were a lot, stayed behind and assisted struggling students. The past weeks have been hectic to say the least. Most students were either stressed about the O.W.L's or the dance or, in some special cases like Lily Evans' and Marlene McKinnon's, both. Marlene and Lily had been nervous about what seems to be everything and decided turn to you and Alice to complain. If it wasn't them complaining about some unfinished homework assignment it was about the fact you guys hadn't bought your dresses yet; the cycle never ended. At the moment you were sitting with Lucy under a tree next to the black lake as she helped you study.

"Hey, you don't have a dress to the dance yet right?" You asked as an idea popped in your head. Lucy shook her head. "Why don't you come with Lily, Marlene, Alice and I to Hogsmeade tomorrow to get you one?"

"I don't know (Y/N)." She replied rubbing the back of her neck, a habit that she and Remus had in common. "What if your friends don't really like me. I'm a Slytherin, Gryffindor's 'arch rivals'". Lucy continued putting the last part in air quotes.

"Don't be daft Lucy, they'll love you. Remember how Sirius and James warmed up to you? They'll be the same." You tried to reassure her. "Plus with Marlene's fashion sense and my knowledge on my dear cousin we'll help you pick out a beautiful dress."

"Fine, I'm in." She said. After a few seconds she started laughing again. You looked at her confused. "I'm sorry, it's just I just imagined what you told me about Remus."

"What about me?" Speak of the devil. You thought when Remus and the Marauders appeared from behind the tree you were sitting by. You glared at Lucy hoping she'd not tell him but she just continued laughing dismissing your glare. The Marauders sat down, Remus next to Lucy, James and Sirius on either side of you and Peter across from the rest of you his back to the lake.

"Nothing." Lucy said unconvincingly. This made Remus look at you.

"You didn't tell her about the... accident, did you?" You slowly shook your head hiding your smirk. "I don't believe you. Luc what did (Y/N) tell you?" He asked turning to Lucy. Sirius looked at you with an eyebrow raised in question but you avoided his eye contact.

"Yeah, Hendrix, what'd she tell you?" James teased. You saw as Lucy's laughs turned nervous before stopping. You could tell the attention was too much for her so you decided to speak up.

"I was just telling my dear friend about this incident that happened when Lupin and I were 7 at my birthday party." Remus looked like he was about to attack you but Lucy chose this moment to snuggle closer to him making sure he doesn't move. You told the 3 eager boys the story with Remus occasionally interjecting to complain. Once you were finished everyone was having fits of laughter other than a very red Remus Lupin.

"That's... the... best... story I've...ever....heard!" Sirius howled between his laughter.

"Yeah, Moony. You ain't living that one down." James exclaimed wiping a tear from his eye.

"How did you just... roll down a hill?" Peter asked before continuing to laugh. He'd laughed so much you were worried he'd fall into the lake behind him.

"Oh piss off! All of you." Remus huffed. After a while you all finally calmed down.

"Wait Remmy, could you help me study for Divination? There's a part I didn't really understand." Lucy asked.