One Small Girl In One Big World

One small girl in one big world. She tries not to get lost, but into the sea she's tossed. She's frail and weak, her heart is bleak, and her arms, though little, stay crossed. On the outside she seems full of happiness and dreams, but inside she screams to be found.

One small girl in one big world. She's shoved and pushed and constantly shushed, though her small voice begs to be heard. She has a voice, deep down inside, but its trying to hide. For too long its been furled.

One small girl in one big world. She plods and pleads, but falls on her knees, forced to bow to the big, big world. She has no choices, she's forced to hear voices, without ever hearing her own.

One small girl in one big world. Her young soul calls to be free. For too long, she's cried to be heard, but no one, no, no one, can see. She's got so many thoughts, too much for her head. SO much thoughts, so much feelings she's been dealing with, she feels dead.

One small girl in one big world. She's been thrown away, and her body's starting to decay. But she puts on a smile, and pretends it's okay. Though when no one is watching, her face begins splotching, for she cries, oh she cries, though she tries too hard not to.

One small girl in one big world. She's far too small to be seen at all. Nobody cares when she dares to speak up. Nobody cares when she dares to give up.

One small girl who's no longer in this world. After far too long, people realized they were wrong. They miss seeing the face of that young, sweet girl. She always had on a smile, but it took them a while to realize that they were too late.

One small girl no longer in this world. She never lived to see what her smile did, oh she left far too soon. Everyone missed her, that one small girl, in that one big world.

Author's Note:

This poem was written years ago. When I was searching for poems to put in this book, I came across this one. I do not remember the inspiration for this, but I do know I was extremely proud of it when I first wrote it. I think it's interesting to see how my writing style has changed. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy this book so far.

-I. Quill