3

Ciara Mendes

          Micah Richmond is not just my best friend, he is the twenty four year old Photographer of Flare Magazine. He started there as an intern and our boss Mrs Florence was very much fascinated with his work that she hired him to work for her right after he graduated College.

The handsome grey eye man sat across from me at our schedule table in the bar at Davinche Restaurant and bar in mid town Manhattan; not far away from the Roosevelt Hotel where we are both staying. After meeting him earlier this morning he had informed me that he had made reservation for us in order to take me out of my melancholy state for a while.

Of Course he had stressed the meaning of the word melancholy when he was forcing me to get dressed in a tight black dress from forever21 and rose gold heels. He wanted me to get back out there considering the fact that he wasn't the biggest fan of my ex fiancee.

"She looks like my type, don't you think?" I look up from my glass and follow with my eyes to where he was looking. Standing at the bar is a short red hair woman who wore a short cobalt dress which hugged her body, her navy blue heels said all-

"She seems to have a good taste in fashion but I don't think she is your type, unless you prefer red heads now?" I give him a questioning look as he nods at what I had said.

He took a sip from his scotch before verbally agreeing, "You're right. So have you talked to Evei since what happened with that bastard?"

Eve Malhamie is my female best friend, we went to highschool together and the twenty four year old model was suppose to be my maid of honour. Actually the first time I visit New York was three years ago and because of her, she had a photo shoot and wanted me to accompany her. It was a blissful experience which I will never forget.

"I left her a message, I'm sure she'll get back to me once she sees it."

"Good and just for the record she wasn't a fan of Fisher either."

I nodded at him as I reminisce on the time she said that she saw him flirting with the bartender at her birthday party a couple of months ago but still she wasn't sure because she was a bit tipsy. If he can cheat on me with my blood sister why wouldn't he flirt with a bartender?

     After a few more drinks Micah abandoned me to have a conversation with some woman he said looked a little like Britney Spears. I felt like a sore thumb just sitting here all by myself watching everyone else have the time of their lives.

Playing with the olive in my drink the memory of Bridget and Fisher locking lips found it's way in my head. Big sisters were suppose to be there when you need them or punch the guy that breaks your heart but instead my big sister helped the guy to cheat.

I know I should not find it surprising since she never thought of anyone but herself and mom always took her side, I was always like an outsider ever since her divorce with dad.

Giovanni Haynes

           After calling up my cousin Mateo Haynes and explaining my situation to him he told me to meet him at Davinche Restaurant and bar. Mat and I were practically the same, he was more of an older brother than Bentley. The only difference between us is that Mat had three divorces since the last five years while I wouldn't dare propose to a woman. The thirty four year old owner of the chain of Montego Hotels was currently paying child support for his son, Dontaé, that he wasn't even allowed to see.

After his two first divorce he was drained from billions, his third wife, a twenty one year old did not receive anything since the security cameras around his mansion caught her cheating on him. Mateo was the best example for why I should never get married.

His eyes roamed around the bar as he take sips of his whiskey, he was most likely searching for wife number four. Why he even bothered marrying these women was just chaotic.

"When I say I wanted to go out I meant to one of the best night clubs here."

Davinche Restaurant and bar had a more formal setting, it was for people with class. I came here a few times for business meetings and after we had a few drinks at the bar. This wasn't the type of place to pick up woman who were willing to give their selves to you an hour later or a few minutes later if you are, Giovanni Haynes.

Mateo let out a chuckle as his grey eyes continue to search around the bar. "I don't understand why you won't get over her already it's been four years. It took me two months, several whiskey bottles and an arrest to get over Anika."

I drown the rest of my drink before meeting his eyes. "She cheated on you man, it shouldn't have taken all of those to get over her."

There are plenty of females out there why sit and drown your sorrows when you can just get back on your feet and find a new one.

"You will never understand what it feels to love."

I snort at that, "I know how it feels and I'm damn sure it doesn't take two months to fall out of it."

The sides of his eyes crease as he laughs, "You're right. It was all about her performance that was why I proposed to her, she was my addiction."

"Isn't she the prettiest thing." I heard him say under his breath. Ignoring him I took another sip of my drink, busy in my thought of Jasmine I felt someone flick me against my forehead.

Mat ignores my glare as he continue to grin. "Chill man, as I was saying that girl looks like a deal breaker. You should go talk to her."

"Did I tell you I want a deal breaker?" The only thing I wanted now was a damn one night stand with someone who was good at what she does with different parts of her body.

He drown the last remains of his drink before staring at me. "I meant that you should spend more time with one woman for a while, than change them every night since that pattern is getting you no where."

This was unbelievable coming from him. "Like you." Everyone knew women get easily attached after a couple hours of having the presence of a man or in some cases after a few messages back and forth.

Again a wide grin form on his face, "Precisely! Just use her until you get over your crazy scheming gold digging bitch."

I narrow my eyes at him,"You want me to use her?"

He nods as if he was some innocent child instead of a grown ass man. "She's over there."

Sitting all alone four tables away was a woman who wore a black dress, her raven hair was curled to one side and her eyes focused on her drink. She looked deep in thought, elegant and beautiful. From how she carried herself she didn't seem like the women who would immediately come home with me, not that I'm doubting my charms.

"Forget her man she seems like she's another Jasmine Lavigne with a blend of Mitchell Garcia and a whole lot of problems." I look away as she was about to look in our direction.

"Are you serious?" Mateo exaggerate "If you are, you're dumber than we thought. We meaning Bentley and I, you can't judge a woman by looking at her."

"Whatever, she seems problematic that's all."

"She seems like a challenge." He smirk.