36

Giovanni Haynes

                         "You have reached the voicemail of..."

"Still no luck?" Mat ask strolling in right as I toss my phone on the leather couch across from me."Come on man, you did say she asked for space."

"Yeah well tell that to Haylie." The child have been repeatedly asking when she'll get to meet Ciara and she is getting on my last nerve.

He chuckles, "That's on you. I am taking them out for ice cream though, you should come along. Who knows it might help you get your mind off things."

That's the last thing I want to do. These kids were like small hexenbiest it's inconceivable to think that I might have impregnated someone and will be getting one of my own. "I'm good."

"Please Uncle." The kids chant, I gave a smile to Luca who had also started to call me uncle because of his cousins.

"Alright." I got up to grab my keys from the kitchen when the doorbell rings. "Get that for me will you."

After I retrieved my keys, heading towards the foyer I heard Mat talking. "I'm Mateo, Gio's favourite cousin." My curiosity got the best of me as I thought of who it could be.

"So you're the one who made my best friend relapse back to her mischievous and wild ways." The sound of her voice increase my speed.

Ciara stood facing Mat who look surprise by her words. "Don't worry I won't hold it against you."

I watch as Haylie comes running past me with Luca and Rayan right behind her. They gain Mat and Ciara attention, her beautiful grey eyes linger on me for a few seconds before looking down at the children.

I step forward as I watch her stoop down to their level.

"You're so much prettier in person." Haylie says enthusiastically.

"I could say the same about you. Gosh you three are so adorable."

Just by watching how she interacts with them I could tell that she'd be a good mother, one day. For one she didn't have the thin patience I had when it came to their irrelevant conversations that just doesn't make sense no matter how much they talk about it. I love them all equally but those conversation can drain the life out of a grown ass man.

         Ciara is one special woman. Any man would kill to have someone like her in their lives, out of all of them she chose me and look how quickly I fücked things up with her. Someone like me doesn't  deserve her but I'm one selfish bastard and I'll do anything for her to forgive me. Anything for her to be in my life.

"Gio was taking them for ice cream you should go with them." Mats suggest much to my liking.

"Sure." She agrees, to my surprise. I know there was a reason she came over but I never thought she'd agree to be seen with me in public after all that happened.

Mat give a subtle grin in my direction  as Haylie squeals and clutch onto one of her hand; Luca taking the other.

"Let's go then." She says. I was still unable to speak not sure what I should say to her.

"Take my car." Mat say tossing me his car key. He had install a baby seat for Luca making his car a better option.

"It was nice meeting you Mateo." Ciara says sweetly, as she head for the door with Luca now in her arm and Haylie refusing to let go of her hand.

Mat grins again giving me a knowing look. "It's Mat for you, sweets and it was good to finally meet the famous Ciara as well."

She gives him a small smile before walking out the door. I followed behind and unlock Mats car that was park in my driveway both of us kept quite as she took over from me after my failed  attempts in fixing Luca in the car seat. After making sure the kids were  properly strapped in, I went to open her door only to be stopped before I could do so.