18

Ciara Mendes

This was not my first time on a private jet since dad owned one back when I was in highschool but I can say that this one is much more luxurious. The seats where made from red leather, which is not surprising since I recall him saying that was his favourite colour. It was a mixture of red and gold in here and I must admit it is beautiful.

'Take a ride on that disco stick and forget your problems, love'

I almost choke on my saliva while reading Eve's text. Giovanni sat facing me and I could feel his eyes on me. It's a good thing he wasn't able to see what made me flush like this.

Evei and I had talked last night and I explained to her about my situation with Giovanni Haynes and just like I thought she would, she went on about the universe trying to bring us together and it is a sign blah blah blah. I can't say I'm against her for believing in all these attractions, free spirits, positive and negative energy stuff but I didn't think any of this applied to me.

After deciding to ignore Evei message since I didn't know what to reply to that I glance at Giovanni who I'm sure got a whiplash after looking down at his phone so fast.

"Hi, Ciara is there anything I can get you?" Divya ask coming towards us.

She was such a sweet girl, she reminded me a lot of Navia. I wonder why she worked as a Flight Attendant for Giovanni instead of attending school. She look so young.

"Thanks Divya, I'm alright." I was so full that I could go ten more hours without eating anything.

She ruffle her cousin hair which cause him to glare up at her, "What about you Gianni?"

"I'll have a glass of franciacorta, thank you little cousin."

Divya left and I rose a brow at him. "It's an Italian wine buttercup."

I already knew what it was, it was my grandfather's favourite. It wasn't even eleven am and he wanted to drink wine. It wasn't my place to comment on it so instead I kept my mouth shut. Besides I've only stop drinking since Zendra first came to stay with me; before that I didn't care what time of day it was to be drinking.

I look down on my phone after hearing it go off signalling I had a text message.

'She's covering all the Siberian fashion, there's also two fashion shows we must attend. It will be torture for both Sam and I.'

I chuckle at Micah reply to my pervious message before replying.

'I feel your pain hon. You know only Mrs. F seems to can put up with her.'

I put the phone away before looking over at Giovanni who casually sips on his wine. He was busy on his own phone so I decide to go over the questions that Mrs Florence had emailed me.

"I'm sure you will be busy once we reach our destination so how about I ask you some of the questions now, just a heads up I'll be recording it since it will be the better option."

His brown eyes met mine and I had to look away because of the way they seem to be staring right through me.

"Are you the only one that's going to be listening to this recording?"

"It's my story and I'm the writer so yes."

A smirk made it's way on his face. He toss his phone next to him and lean back in his seat as if he was some kind of Mafia boss from an eighties movie.

"Then go ahead sweetheart, I'm all yours."

I fidget at his words, for some reason it sounded to me like his words had a deeper meaning. I press the recording app on the phone I used only for interviews and other things business related.

My eyes scan the paper one more time. I must say that I'm a bit nervous to ask these questions, when Mrs. Florence said she wanted to go deep into his personal life I did not expect it to be this deep.

"I'm sure everyone wants to know the real Giovanni Haynes and not the one posing on fancy cars and stating how his business stated, so first we'll start with you telling me a little about yourself."

He took a long sip of his wine, looking as if he regret accepting to do this interview. "Well I was born on July 23 1992, in Italy to a Pakistani father and a Italian and Indian mother. I was named after my grandfather Giovanni the first, my brother who was five at the time gave me my middle name Anton from his favourite cartoon character-"

He chuckles as if remember some fun memories, while I was stuck on the fact that he was mixed with three beautiful race.

"We moved to New York where my father started his own business when I was three, where I attended St. Peters Private school- all three, kindergarten, middle and highschool. When I was fifteen I was enrolled in Harvard University where I studied Business and Economics then Engineering. I guess you can say I was a bit of a nerd."

I stop the recording and press save. "Alright I think we can take a break for now."

I made another copy of what he just said just incase one gets deleted, though I think it won't be necessary since I remembered everything he just said.

"That's quit an interesting story and we haven't even really gone into it yet. I must say attending Harvard at such a young age is just fascinating." I say in all honesty.

When I was the age of fifteen I was in tenth grade complaining about how difficult Math and Physics class was.

He chuckle, "Yeah fascinating but not at all fun, all the fun began when I turn nineteen and graduated. Enough about me. What University did you attended?"

Giovanni Haynes

"Immaculate University Of Journalism." She says with no interest in prolonging this conversation, though I don't blame her. I was the one being interviewed and although I brought her flowers, candies and breakfast I doubt she thought of us as even the slightest bit of friends.

After what happen with Jessica, I forbid having female friends. I just get intimate with them and then I leave, but I'm guessing with Ciara I'll have to be more friendly considering the fact that I don't have much time left to win this bet.

We were still a far way from Fiji and have plenty of time for conversation.

"Immaculate University of Journalism." I whisper to myself. I can't say I've heard about that University before.

Ciara seemed to have heard me because suddenly she was looking up from her phone to me.

"Yes it's the largest university in LA but nothing fancy like Harvard but I managed to graduate and be employed at one of the best magazine company in LA." She reply sounding a bit offended.

"I didn't mean to offend are upset you buttercup."

She narrow her eyes at me, "Why must you always call me that?"

"It's my favourite sweet." I reply honestly.

"And do you call every woman you meet by the name of things you favour?"

At this point I had her undivided attention and I was loving every moment of it.

"Only you sugarplum." I smile at her the moment I saw the glare directed at me.