Chapter 4: Mere Yaara Di Shaadi

Sahana was sitting in her room with a pencil in her hand as she tried concentrating on the new design when her phone rang.

The caller ID showed Sanaya.

"Mum, Sannu has called. Come quickly." She called out as she picked up the phone.

"Hi sis. How are you? How come you remembered me today?"

"Saha... I have to give you a breaking news. I am getting married!!!!" Sahana could easily notice the excitement in her voice.

"Wow... With whom? Saral? He proposed... Finally... I thought that the coward is never going to propose you ever... But I am so happy." Sahana shouted on the phone as her face lit.

"Don't call him that.... Yes, he did propose. And you, chachu and chachi are definitely going to come here to Delhi."

Before Sahana could say something, her mother snatched her phone and held it to her ear.

"Of course we will be there Sannu. And we will bring this girl too." She said looking at Sahana.

After some conversation, she hung up and Sahana was lost in her thoughts.

Sanaya was the daughter of elder brother of Sahana's father. Both were very close to each other. They used to be inseparable in childhood. She went to school with her and Saral. Time flew so quickly.... Sanaya was going to get married soon.

But this news gave her a new dread.

They were having dinner when her mom passed the news to her father.

"Sannu is getting married. We have been invited to Delhi."

"Oh great! Finally back to my country after so long. Saha please take your mom out for shopping or else she will pester me."

"Sure Dad." She said giving a low chuckle.

Her father hates going out for shopping with Mom.

"Uffo, you are always in a mood of jokes. Why do you take everything so lightly? Are you going to get invited to other's marriage only or will you ever invite anybody to your house too for a marriage?"

Sahana concentrated on her food knowing where this conversation was heading.

"Saru, I am married and Sahana is still a kid then for whose marriage should I invite everyone?" He said confused.

Sahana stifled a laugh as her mother glared at her.

"She will be a kid for you all her life. She is 24 now. Just start looking for a groom for her."

"Mum, we have had this discussion before. I first want to be an established jewelry designer first. Till then no more Shaadi kar lo.... No get married talks. Please." Sahana replied in a no shit attitude.

"But you can continue that after marriage too..." Sarika tried to reason with her.

"Mum, we are talking about Sannu's marriage. Let's not go out of it."

"Do whatever you want to do. There is no respect for intelligent people in this house. Koi kadar hi nahi hai samajhdaar logo ki yahan par." Sarika said with a hint of annoyance.

"Saru, that's your misconception." Sahana's father intervened.

"What do you want to say... that I have respect in this house?"

"No... I wanted to clear the misconception about you being intelligent. You have a very big delusion about that." Her father chuckled as Sahana high fived him. Sarika pouted and went to the kitchen.

On the other hand, Rishi was in a pub flirting with a girl when his phone rang.

It was his best friend Saral.

"After a long time bro... How are you?"

"Rishi, listen carefully... I am getting married." Voice came from other side.

"Oh God.... Who is that unlucky girl. She is going to be stuck with you all her life. I pity her.... Send me a pic. And also does she has a sister... Like a hot sister?" Rishi asked Saral who chuckled.

"You will never change. Flirty idiot. Ok I am sending you the picture and also the invitation. Make sure to bring Aunty and Uncle with you."

"Why should Mr. Malhotra be there? I can be your best man always."

"Rishi... Do as I say!!! Got that?" Saral said with a hint of authority in his voice.

"Ok... Fake dad.... Congratulations though! " Both chuckled as they hung up.

Rishi and Saral were best buddies since they were in college. Rishi didn't know anything about Saral's past life so he was oblivious about Sahana or Sanaya.

Both were making plans for the marriage but what they didn't know that they were to meet soon... In different circumstances...

************************************
                    AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey,

Done with new chapter. Last update of this month. Next update will be after my papers. So wish me luck.

Also just guess about what's going to happen when they come across each other again.

Until then,
                    Love Love♥️

A.S.