Chapter 5: Change of Plans

"But how can we leave you alone? No, you are coming with us or we will stay with you." Sarika declared when she heard that Sahana had to stay in Ohio for some time. This meant that she wouldn't be able to leave as per the plan.

"Mum, don't worry. I will be there on 23 positively. Why are you guys so tense? I will be all good here. It's just a matter of two days." Sahana tried to reason with her mom.

"No, I will be with you. We will go together." Sarika declared.

"Oh God, dad please handle her."

"Yes Saru, she is right. She is not a kid anymore. She needs to learn. It's only a matter of two days. Don't worry." Her father said.

"Ok but..." And with this a long list of instructions were given to Sahana.

Malhotra Villa, Ohio

"Ma, this is not fair. You promised that we will be reaching together to Saral's wedding. How can you back off now?" Rishi whined to his mother tenth time since he got the news that his father and mother will be arriving later to attend Saral's wedding as his father had some business meeting.

"Rishi... You know your father is a workaholic."

"Then let him go to the meeting alone. We will leave together on 23."

"Please try to understand dear, I need to go with him. Without me he won't take care of himself." Devika cupped Rishi's face in her hands.

"And what about me?" He whined again.

"Please Rishi, this time. You should go. It's only a matter of two days. I will be there on 25."

"Ok, I guess I will pack my bags and go to India.... Alone." Rishi went to his room. He was still sad. He wanted to arrive there with his family but... Mr. Malhotra....!!!!

On the airport,

Finally after a lot of convincing Sarika agreed to leave Sahana alone for two days.

"Saha..."

"I know mum, I will eat on time. Won't do a lot of work. Do the laundry. Clean the house. Won't go for parties. Will call you twice..."

"Thrice!!!"

"Ok thrice. Now go or you will miss the flight." Sahana waved to them as they disappeared in the crowd.

Later Sahana drove back to her house.

Once at home, she booked a flight to Delhi on 23. Because if she doesn't reach there on time her mother would surely kill her.

As luck would have it,. Rishi was also travelling to Delhi on the same day and same flight. Chances of meeting again.

************************************
                   AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys,

I know I had said that next update will be in next month. But you know I can't leave Wattpad. Also my biggest terror, my physics paper went exceptionally well. I wish marks are also exceptionally well. Huh, my dream💭💭💭😀😀. So anyway, this is a special update.

Also this is a filler chapter. I promise next chapter will be long and have lot of Rishi and Sahana in it.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Next: Sahana and Rishi on same flight. Will Sahana entertain his flirty approaches?

One more thing, where are all my voters? On the very first chapter of Cast introduction I had more than 10 votes. Why so less? Not liking the story?

Please spread this story to all the varuneeti fans you know.

Until then,
                    Love Love ♥️
A.S.