Chapter 11: Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna

Ayesha was very excited for the ritual of mehndi. She sat with everybody who were applying mehndi.

"Dude.. my hand hurts like hell!!!" Sanaya whined. Why not... She had to keep her hands in same position from last half an hour!!

"Then don't get married. It's not a problem." Ayesha teased her... Of course from a safe distance.

"I don't want to ruin my mehndi... Or I would have slapped you or asked Saha to punch you." Sanaya glared as Ayesha stuck her tongue at her.

Ayesha and Sanaya were more on teasing terms because Sahana used to be reserved. But Sanaya and Sahana were very close to each other.

Sanaya always noticed whenever there was any problem with Sahana and it was the other way round too.

A few days and then she will not be this free.... Everything will change. Sanaya took an internal sigh.

Sahana saw Sanaya sitting with a sad face so she sat with other ladies and they started singing all the folk songs to lighten the atmosphere.

"Saha... Come on get mehndi on your hands too. " Sarika called out to Sahana who was busy with some work later on.

"No mum, I don't want a mehndi. It's an added hassle. And I have a lot of pending work for now." Sahana tried to slowly cut away from this messy ritual.

"Oye drama queen... Sit right here. And get it applied." Sarika's voice held a don't you dare cut me attitude.

Sahana sat down reluctantly and spread her hands.

"Keep it small and not too messy. Please." Sahana whispered to the girl who was applying mehndi to her.

But her mother heard it and tapped her head.

"Sahana Verma... If you say one more word about this... Then you know what's gonna happen!!" Sarika's tone changed. Sahana knew that if her mother uses her full name it's either she is too happy or too angry. Right now, it definitely wasn't the former case.

The girl was telling about the ritual of mehndi.

It is very auspicious occasion in an Indian wedding. It is said that if the mehndi gets a dark color then husband loves the girl a lot....

Sahana tuned out the girl as she sat there with a bored face. Sanaya looked dreamy... Maybe thinking about her wedding and Ayesha was constantly pestering the other girl to make more design or make it darker.

Typical!

That is when Devika entered the room and asked nobody in particular, "Who has gone to bring the sweets?"

At the same time the mehndi girl asked Sahana about the name to be written on the mehndi.

"Rishi!" Sahana replied to Devika but... Yes the readers got it right! The mehndi girl assumed it to be the name for mehndi and hid it well in the intricate designs.

Finally it was over, Sahana took a sigh of relief and ran off the room. Now it has to dry first. Oh God, why mum? Why?

She was on the terrace watching everybody helping each other. Even Saral was there working with some flower work.

That is when her phone rang. Oh shit!

She saw Rishi jumping here and there with some work.

"Rishi, I need your help. Please just pull out my phone from the pocket of my jeans." Hearing this Rishi's eyes widened.

This was not a new thing. And he had done more than pulling out a phone from someone's jeans but it was Sahana. He felt his hand shaking as he slowly pulled out the phone and received the call. He had to slowly remove hair from her ears to keep the phone at her ears. Everything just felt weird to him and he felt as if he had lost his speech. Her deo was taking over his senses. Holding the phone to Sahana's ears he gulped visibly. This was awkward. And the proximity between them...!!!