Eulogy

Crashbexpert: "Now I'd like everyone to tell me how I did with this chapter. I am trying to convey a certain scene in a way that is unique and emotional. Let me know how I did and if it was difficult to follow."

POV F/N

Midori and I were on top of a hill overlooking the Xenomorph nest.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"It wouldn't matter they are smart enough to catch on really quick. We have no choice but to go through the front door." She sighed. "I was barely able to sneak around the area and getting near the Queen Mother... Now sneaking around her is impossible."

"Great, so what happens if we are in over our heads?" I rub the back of my neck.

"My aura is vastly depleted due to living in this God forsaken planet for seven years, though it should be strong enough to get use out of there if need be...as long as I don't use my aura to heal any injuries. I'm sorry to ask this of you but... I need you to be my meat shield." I look at her.

"You couldn't have worded that better?"

"Why? That's what you'll basically be, no point in sugar coating it... After all life is full of disappointments best get used to them now." Her voice trailed off.

"Are you speaking from experience?" She grabs my collar and pulls me close.

"Listen here F/N, You are just a means to and end for me. I want to go somewhere and you are the only one able to take me there. We are not friends we are just strangers with similar goals... So do me a favor and quit scrounging around my past." She lets go, she pulled her mask over her mouth hiding half her face. Normally I'd leave her be but I have to ask.

"I never told you my name... What was I to you in your Remnant." Her eyes pointed down for a second before she replied.

"...Let's go." It must be a very touchy subject for her to express such drastic emotional shifts. I decided it was best to stop pestering her. We head down towards the Xenomorph nest, towards what might be a suicide mission.

***

Remnant

Beacon was silent, class was cancelled, and everyone was ready for an event. Ozpin was sitting in his office reading over a mission report. He placed the report down and began to rub his eyes with one hand bringing it down to his chin, his frustration showing.

"He truly was a huntsman." Is all he said before he got up and headed for the elevator.

Eric sat outside in the courtyard clearing his mind of the events. As he predicted their relationship has been severed, Liz has requested to transfer out of Beacon to Shade Academy in Vacuo. Everyone including Glynda tried to convince her otherwise, none succeeded. Drake has been spending most of his time either studying or working out, he is also leaving Beacon though he isn't transferring he's actually dropping out. His words echo through me still.

"He deserved to be a huntsman, not me. I can never live up to his example... Not anymore." I laugh to myself.

"Damn it F/N I told you this team needed you. I was the leader but you were what kept us together, now that you're gone..." I sigh as I remember the promise we all made together at Signal.