Earth 2031

Midori and I look around the area and we see large black monolith surrounding the distance, "Where are we?" I asked.

"No idea..." She said looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"We need to get your eye checked." She approached me and touched bandages around my eye, "Come on let's find a hospital. We can't have you dying of an infection." She said motioning me to follow her. We walked around the area and I began to see people looking at us as we walked by. I gaze at her for a moment and then at myself. My clothes were a bit torn but passable. I look at Midori who had clothes bizarre in this area.

"What?" She asked.

"Shouldn't we... Change your clothes?"

"Fuck you." She said calmly.

"I mean people are staring at you." I whispered.

"Tell it to someone who cares." She said.

"I'm not saying that you need to get rid of them, I'm just saying wear something casual for now." I sighed. She stopped for a moment and looked around.

"You know I would but we have one problem." She said looking at me, "What makes you think we have the correct form of currency to pay for a new wardrobe?"

"Right... That never crossed my mind." I said.

"Care to guess what I'm thinking?" She asked raising her eyebrow at me. It looked a bit more insulting, and a bit attractive, with her lower face being covered.

"Scope the area, find a way to make a source of income, and fond out how to get out of here." I said.

"Good, good. You missed one thing though." She said walking away.

"Which is?" I asked walking with her.

"To get you stronger." She said. She stopped for a moment and looked down the road.

"What's u... Oh shit..." I said gazing at a little girl standing in front of a man who looked to have been attacked by something big.

" I said gazing at a little girl standing in front of a man who looked to have been attacked by something big

He then fell to the ground and he felt distressed. They continued talking and before I knew it Midori ran at them, "Hey wait!" I said running after her.

"Hey what happened here... En... Little girl." She said. Her pause made me realize she might know this girl, "Here we need to..."

"Miss." The girl said causing Midori to stop, "It's no use... He's infected." She said.

"Infected?" I asked.

"Please... Tell my wife and child I'm sorry..." The man cried, "Tell them that I am sorry for what I have done..." He said.

"I understand." The girl said. Then to my shock I saw his body break and morph. He grew legs out if his back and he turned into a giant spider.

"Oh great another big bug." I sighed.