Evolution

I stood in front of the masked man. His friend sat back down on her chair and began to eat more food from a large bag next to her, "Uhhh who is she?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." He replied.

"Top secret!" She yelled with a smile. He approached me and gazed at my eye.

"The yautja did a number on you." He said, "I could get you another eye, but it will take time to get it."

"Wait boss you don't mean..." Nana spoke.

"Nana." He said calmly.

"Right sorry boss!" She smiled.

"So you are the half that will slay the Scarlet King." He said.

"Wait what?" I asked.

***

Remnant

Eric looked around the store and gazed at the options that layed on display, "So for his mom he thought of getting her some nice earrings and Ruby was going to get a cross necklace... Hmmm." He said as a girl walked up to him.

"Eric... Is that you?" She said. He recognized the voice and looked at the girl.

"Yumi? What are you doing here?" He asked gazing at the brown haired girl. She smiled at him as he quickly looked away to avoid gazing at her velvet colored eyes.

"Buying some earrings... Though I didn't think you were much into jewelry." She said smiling at him.

"Oh... not for me. My friend had a list of gifts for everyone he knew... Thought I'd do him a favor and do it for him." He said.

"Why? Is he forgetful?" She asked leaning close to him gazing at the jewelry. Eric was visibly nervous.

"N-no I just wanted to be a good friend you know." He said.

"So he must be a good person if you are willing to do this for him." She said.

"The greatest." He said with a bit of remorse. She looked at him confused. She stares at the list in his hand and quickly grabs it, "Hey. Give that back." Eric said.

"I'm just reading it." She said holding her arm towards him. She looks at him as he stood there, "Would you like some help?" She asked.

"Ummm sure, but...Why?" He asked.

"He's a friend of yours and your willing to do this for him." She asked handing him back the list, " That means you have some stories. You wouldn't mind telling me them... Right?" She leaned close to him.

"Uhh... Sure I don't mind." He said looking up avoiding to look down her shirt.

"Then come on we have some shopping to do!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him away. Eric was beyond flustered as he was dragged away by the female.

***

The Library

F/N

"What do you mean I'm going to slay the Scarlet King? Who is the Scarlet King?" I asked getting close to him.

"Easy I'll explain everything... Sorta." He said.

"You sure about that boss?" Nana asked.

"Yeah, He has a right to know this. Okay tell me what do you know about your semblance?" He asked.