Hunted

I was running through the woods, my arm burning from that energy blast. My aura seems to be having difficulty healing me. I began to hear something flying through the air. I moved to the right and felt my left hand getting cut by a shuriken. I see it turn around and try to cut me again. I leaped to the side and it cuts me across my chest. I felt another blast of heat hit my arm again making the burn worse, "Damn it all!" I yelled. My arm goes limp as I see my arm burned, "Thank good for Auras." I said as I continue to run. The force of that attack should have torn my arm off, but my aura took most of the attack. I begin to get a dreadful feeling again and looked ahead. My eyes instantly snapped to a fallen tree. I quickly changed my direction and ran up the tree. Using the tree I begin to leap through the canopy of the forest. I leaped and grabbed a branch and swung to another tree using my one good arm. I have no idea how I'm able to do this but I didn't have time to think about it. I land on a branch but it was shot off and broke before I could jump away. I land on the ground and felt a sharp pain all over me. I get up and look back, I see the creature standing a good distance away. I ran over a spot he doesn't walk across. He raised his arm up and begins to push some buttons on his wrist. A net trap sprung from the ground and rose from the ground, hanging from the trees. I stand up and look at the creature, my body ached as I gazes at it. It extended it's wrist blades and I pulled out one sword, unable to dual wield, "Guess the chase is over... For now." I said.

***

Remnant

Everyone watched as Eric walked up to them the woman looked at the plate at the fountain, "Hey." He said.

"Eric who is she?" Ruby asked.

"F/N's mom." He replied.

"His... Mom." Jaune said.

"Yeah.."

"Where is his father?" Ren asked.

"Right... You guys don't know. He doesn't have one. Like biologically doesn't have one." He said.

"Wait what?" Everyone asked.

"His mom was sterile. After knowing this she never married or even been in a relationship. Though one day she was pregnant and gave birth to him." He said.

"How is that possible?" Blake asked.

"Nobody knows. There was a DNA test when he was born and the only one to match was his mother." Eric said.

"How do you know this?" Nora asked.

"He told me. I have known him for a long time, course he would tell me." He said.

"Did Drake and Liz know?" Weiss asked.

"No. They never asked since they believed it was a touchy subject. I think it is best this way. If they knew she has nobody... Well that would definitely make things worse." Eric sighed.

"C-can I speak with her?" Weiss asked.

"Why are you asking me. I'm just her son's friend." Eric said. Weiss looked at the lone woman who stared at the fountain. Weiss began to walk towards her as everyone watched. The woman hears her approaching and turns around.

"Hello. How may I help you?" She asked with a warm smile.

"Hi... I'm..." Weiss began.