Chapter Two

After spending my days off with my family, I had to hop right back on a plane to go right back into the studio. On my way home, I'd gotten the text from Tyler about X-ile's performance and quickly tweeted before shutting off my phone for my mini-vacation. My team always knew that I tried to keep my phone off during short vacations so I could cherish my time with my family. Both of my brothers had only come into town because I was going home, so I definitely needed to be as present as possible while I was home.

It wasn't until I stepped off the plane in New York, I finally turned my phone on and set it aside so the alerts could pour in and I could prepare myself to look at them. My car was waiting for me out front when I arrived and I climbed in, heading straight for the label. The driver took my luggage to my flat while I went to meet Rhonda in the studio, keeping only my designer backpack that I was using as a purse.

I got papped on my way out of the car at the label. When I walked into the building, though, I was immediately directed to the VP's office. Rhonda, Tyler, and X-ile, waited inside with Jonathan, the VP.

"Isis." Jonathan greeted me happily and that made me a little suspicious.

"Hi," I replied slowly, looking around. "What's going on?" I asked.

"You didn't get my text?" Tyler's eyebrows pulled together.

"I probably did. I turned off my phone while at home with my family." I explained and looked for my phone in my bag, opening it to look at my alerts.

"Isis," Jonathan started, interrupting me as I was looking at my alerts. "You really saved both your and Xavier's performances at the award show with your tweet."

"Really?" I replied. "That's great. I'm glad I could help. It was an awesome performance so I'm glad I turned attention back to it." I grinned at Xavier.

"Yeah. You completely wiped out the other stories." Tyler said. "Everybody was gushing over you guys and your performances. They even started wondering if your support was a hint at another collab."

I shrugged, grinning. "I guess I know how to generate good press." I giggled. "I'm glad it worked out though."

"It worked out so well, actually," Jonathan began. "That we wanted to see what else you might be able to do for Xavier's media presence."

"Oh really? Um, okay." I looked at Xavier, scrutinizing him. "You should get rid of some of the females you keep around Maybe distance yourself from the dancers a little. Also, link yourself to someone good in the media. Maybe do a few more collaborations, maybe some charity, or benefit performances or appearances. I could suggest a few things that I'll be going to in the next few months." I shrugged.

"That's perfect advice," Jonathan said. "Would you be willing to personally work on that?"

I took a breath. "I don't know." I grimaced. "I have the new album stuff and studio time. I don't know if I have time for outside stuff."

"What about doing the collab together?" Tyler suggested. "There's already buzz about it and both of y'all are working on new material. You could help each other out here. He can maybe produce some of your new stuff." He further suggested.

"I don't think Isis has time for that right now," Rhonda interjected. "She has a new album due, like yesterday. She'll be doing a North American tour in the coming months. We even head out in two days on a mini-press tour to keep up buzz."

"What better buzz than a possible collaboration between Isis and X-ile?" Jonathan countered.

"Um, I do like your music," I said to Xavier, biting my lip.