Chapter Ten

Xavier had agreed to do anything to get our two weeks together. The last time I got to talk to him was right before his last show, which I refused to completely miss so I had Tyler livestream to me. After his show, we talked all night as he traveled to the undisclosed filming location. The second he landed, our time for talking was over until we met for our break.

Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I had assumed it would be. I was working around the clock and Rhonda was feeling out if I wanted a small role in a movie, which would throw my schedule even further into left field. I was either traveling, meeting fans, practicing, or in a concert for the entire time that Xavier was doing his filming.

"Break time!" Rhonda rejoiced after the last photo op before my flight to meet Xavier in New York. The sun was barely even up, but I'd already been working. I was set to spend five days with him in a surprise location before heading to my parents' house.

"Enjoy your time off, Isis. I'll have some finalized deals for your approval when you get back." Rhonda hugged me at the airport as she personally dropped me off.

"Get some rest yourself, Rhonda." I insisted. "Make sure the dancers and everybody get rest too."

"They already headed out to their vacation spots." She responded. "Now go." She commanded with a grin. "Tell X-ile hey for me."

"I will. See ya." I grinned, heading for my plane. The plane ride seemed to stretch on forever as I sat in anticipation of being with Xavier again. When I got off the plane and went to collect my checked bag, someone grabbed my suitcase before me and I looked up to see a smiling Xavier. "X!" I uttered, excitedly and instantly reached for him.

"'Sup, babe?" He hugged me, pressing my body flush up against his. "Miss me?"

"What do you think?" I tilted my head at him.

He chuckled. "Come on. We have another flight to catch." He handed me my new ticket. "We'll check your luggage and head to the First-class Lounge." I saw some security waiting for us. Following his lead, we held hands while we checked my bag and headed for the lounge. Xavier helped me carry my carry-on as we walked.

"So, where am I going?" I mused, opening my ticket for the first time. "Seattle. Nice. What's in Seattle?" I glanced at Xavier.

"Home." He answered simply.

"Like home home?" I clarified.

He laughed softly. "Yeah, Is. My dad and brother insisted on meeting us at the airport, but I set up a car so we could ride around separately."

"Okay." I nodded. "So how did the filming go?" I asked, leaning my elbow on the arm of my chair.

"Pretty good. They're involved in some competition so I was a guest judge. I got to work on some stuff for my album while I was there so it was productive. When I go back, I'm gonna revisit the songs to see if I'm still feeling them then work on the rest of the album. You know how it is." He shrugged.

"Of course. I'm sure the songs are amazing, though. I'd love to hear them." I leaned my head a little to the side.

"You already know you 'bout to hear 'em. I brought a copy with me so we could have a listening party of our own. It'll be the last time I listen to them until after my break."

"Can't wait to hear 'em." I grinned. He ran his knuckle down my cheek then leaned in to kiss me softly.

"Mm, I've missed you more than you know." He whispered against my lips.