Chapter Sixteen

"So Isis," the radio host began after a commercial break ended. "First, we are so honored to have you here."

Xavier and I had dropped the dates of our album releases on all our social media, without any captions or anything. The cryptic message had caused our fans to start buzzing. Since they were days apart, some people speculated that the dates were for our wedding announcement and actual wedding. Others had speculated that we were announcing a pregnancy and doing a gender reveal, citing the fact that we hadn't been seen out much since Xavier's accident and that, the few times I had been seen, I was in larger clothes. I didn't even think I had been wearing anything that would suggest a pregnancy.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I'm so honored to be here. I'd heard you guys were trying to get me for a while and schedules just didn't work. A lot of my fans listen to this station though, so I'm happy to be here."

"Speaking of your fans, they have some questions for you today so let's go to the phones for those." He led into the phone calls I'd agreed to take.

The main question everybody wanted to know was about the dates and they're meanings. To which I had to slither away from giving anything away.

"So is X-ile okay?" One caller asked. "I know that the label dropped him because of the accident."

"Uh, yeah." I replied. "Sadly the label decided that they wanted to part ways with him. X is doing amazing though. He feel so lucky to have all of you guys supporting him and wishing him well. He does see everything. Every message, comment. He's really amazing at looking at everything, even if he doesn't have time to reply." I looked to the host for a confirmation about the extra news I had and he nodded. "And, if any of you are worried about X-ile and want to talk to him, he's going to be the guest coming up after me today. So be sure to tune in." I didn't expect the caller to legit scream, but that's what happened.

"Well, folks, you heard it. X-ile will be joining us after the break. Don't miss it. Isis, it was lovely having you. Thank you so much for being here."

"Of course. Thank you for having me. I hope to stop by again soon. This was fun. I know X-ile is going to enjoy being on today. I can't wait to tune in and catch his interview." I grinned. The host pointed for the break to be aired and I took off my headset.

"Sorry you couldn't get X and I together." I apologized. "I have to rush to another interview and he had one early this morning across town. The timing just wouldn't work."

"It's fine. I'm just happy you both agreed to come on. Have a good interview." He shook my hand.

On the way out, I ran into Xavier and he gave me a quick kiss and hug before heading in to the interview. Ty went straight to setting stuff up so the calls would type out for Xavier to read and respond.

"Have a good interview, baby." I sent him a text when I got in the car and headed off. I opened the app on my phone so I could listen to the interview while we rode.

"Tonight at midnight X-ile's album is dropping." Rhonda reminded me before I could open the station. "You scared?"

"A little." I admitted. "I'm more worried about his than mine, and mine is coming out like two days after his and accompanied with the tour announcement." I leaned my head back, praying the album drop.

During my interviews, I still thought mostly of Xavier. My worries over him were in vain, of course. Xavier was still Xavier. That meant he was bomb in all his interviews, despite the technical things they had to do for them, and his fans were still his fans. I wasn't able to catch every interview, but all of them sounded natural. For anybody who didn't know, his hearing loss would seem like just a rumor. During his interview, he talked about me a few times. Once a caller said some pretty bad things about me and protective Xavier came out to play. It was so sexy to hear him defend me like that. He made it clear that he was like my protector. His adoration for me also dripped from every word he said about me. If people were convinced we were getting married before, they would be sure it was happening now from his tone. I loved to hear him though and I think I must have talked about him the same way in my own interviews.