Chapter Eight

I could feel Xavier's breath on my neck as I woke the next day. I couldn't tell the time, but I knew it was day because there were lights outside the window. Yawning, I shifted and Xavier moved to accommodate my movements. I was sure he had to be awake, to move so effortlessly with me, but his deep breathing told me a different story. The first time he really stirred was when I began to try to get up.

Xavier pulled me close into his body and grumbled softly. "Stay." He breathed then slipped back to sleep.

"I think we've stopped. That means we have rehearsals." I replied, yawning.

"Fuck rehearsals." He sleepily grinned. Giggling in reply, my head flopped back down on the pillow. I was about to reply until I heard Ty calling through my bus, loudly.

"Aye! Y'all in here?!" He called. "Get ya ass up! Time is money."

"Fuck you." Xavier yelled back and I laughed.

"Whatever! Y'all best be out this bus in the next five minutes or I will be back." He said as his voice got dimmer and I knew he'd climbed off the bus.

Laughing softly, I got up and Xavier let me this time. "I need to change real quick. You can use the room." I told him, grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom.

When I was done changing, I went out to find Xavier by the door. The door was open, but no heat from outside was coming in. Glancing out, I saw we had pulled into the stadium.

"It's so the fans and paps won't see the bus." Xavier explained. "Rhonda, Ty, and the label worked hard to keep paps confused while we traveled here. It's a legit surprise."

"I love having smart people around me." I grinned, patting his cheek on my way out.

As I was walking down the stairs, he placed his hands on my hips. "And I love having fine people around me." He whispered in my ear.

"Boy," I laughed, waving my hand towards where his face was. "Stop playing with me." I shook my head at him. His hands flexed on my body.

"Oh, I'm not playing." He murmured lowly, causing a stirring in my body. Shrugging him off, I softly slapped his hands away.

"Finally." Ty dramatically said when we bumped into him, his tone showing fake exasperation. "Don't worry, beautiful." He said to me then glared at Xavier. "I don't blame you." His tone pointed as he cut his eyes at Xavier with a pursing of his lips, indicating who was taking the blame.

"Ty." I smiled brightly, hugging him.

"Always blaming me for something." Xavier rolled his eyes.

"Usually right when I do." Ty replied in the same tone. "Let's get you two to the stage to work on marking and some run-throughs." He gestured with his head for us to follow him.

The dancers were already working when we got there. Gisele was comfy, sitting on the ground with Xavier's choreographer. The stage manager took me under the stage where I would be coming up from and explained how it would work. He had me use it a couple of times, to get the feel, then I would do it again during the dress rehearsals.

Whenever I wasn't on stage practicing with Xavier, he was doing his own rehearsals and I loved watching him. The way he moved on the stage. The way his people acted and moved around him. Everybody loved him on his team. He wasn't just a rapper but a real performer, and I couldn't wait to see the actual performance. I was told that Tatiana was on a short leave, which meant she wouldn't be around for our performances together.

Jazz came to get me to get into my outfit for the night. I could still hear the music from the stage while she fitted everything and had me do some dancing. After the fitting, Jazz set off to fix everything and make the final changes while I went to soundcheck. The closer the real concert came, the more excited I got and Xavier was the same. It was like pure energy around us during our final run-through.