Chapter Seventeen

After Helix was rushed off-stage, I quickly began my part of the show. The fans had clearly let everybody know how they felt about Helix. The label couldn't say I didn't give him a chance, at least. Based on the audiences reaction, he wouldn't be getting any more shows. During my interlude, though, Rhonda came to me while I was getting changed.

"What the fuck?" My eyebrows pulled together as a video played of Helix calling out the fans and Xavier. He was going in about Xavier's hearing loss and how Xavier couldn't go toe to toe against him.

"If X-ile really got bars, let's see them then." With X's hearing loss, battle rapping was a huge thing he had lost. He wouldn't be able to battle rap because he wouldn't be able to use random beats, nor would he be able to hear his opponents disses. "X-ile ain't never been nothing but a no talent having ass bitch. He could never be on my level and his fans can suck my dick. X-ile and his dick-riding bestie, who he's probably fucking on the down-low, can both come at me." Helix yelled at the camera. "His beard need to come be with a real man. I normally don't do fat bitches, but she can catch this ride."

"Ty?" I inquired without even having to finish the question.

"Oh yeah. He saw it. X-ile got word that he said something about you and went off. Ty calmed Xavier down then went after Helix himself, but his boys held him back." She told me while my wig was being changed.

"Is Helix still here?" I asked.

"He refuses to leave until you take him out on stage and apologize for your fans' behavior." Rhonda rolled her eyes.

I laughed. "You've got to be kidding me. That will happen when pigs grow wings and fly." I started securing my bracelets on the way back to my mark so I could get back on-stage. "X needs to concentrate. He's on to do songs with me this set."

"Yeah, he and Ty were with the sound people to fix an issue with X-ile's in-ears before this shit dropped." Rhonda told me, handing me my mic. "Just shake this off and ignore Helix. Go, girl." She gave me a little cheer and sent me back out to my fans.

After three songs, it was time to have Xavier back on stage with me. "Are y'all ready for a little more X-ile?"

"X-ile! X-ile! X-ile!" The crowd chanted and I signaled to start the song.

When X didn't come out, I tried to start the song over but someone was telling the band to keep going. Singing so it wouldn't look like there had been a mess up, I looked off-stage to see if someone was helping Xavier. When his rapping came into my ear, I looked behind me to see him coming out of the back. Something was different though, he was changing up his flow. His voice was moving between the beats differently then he had painstakingly practiced. I prepared for him to slip up, but he didn't. It was almost like.... almost like he could hear.

"What's up?!" He yelled out to the crowd when the song was over. "Y'all having a good ass time? Let me hear you say 'hell yeah.'" He held his mic out to the crowd. The crowd responded. "I know y'all can do better than that. Let me hear you say 'hell yeah.'" They screamed louder and he smiled. He actually smiled. I was standing there like an idiot. He winked at me. "Now, I know y'all are excited to finish this concert, but I think we got ourselves a problem. We got someone here tonight that don't belong. Y'all know who I'm talking about?"

"Helix!" The crowd yelled back.

"That's right." Xavier replied and I looked back and forth between him and anybody off-stage that could tell me something. "Now, since Helix likes to open his fucking mouth so much, I'm happy to invite him back out on this stage." The crowd went crazy while Xavier came over to me and ushered me towards the back.

"X, what the hell? Can you-baby, can you hear?" I asked him. For some reason I was breathless.

He gave me a grin in response the said, "Damn, I missed hearing your voice, Is."