Chapter Six

"We're trending on Twitter." I announced, flopping down next to Xavier on his sofa, kicking off my shoes. "Between the video and the award show, we are killing it right now."

"Sweet success." He grinned, grabbing a handful of popcorn from the bag I just opened.

I'd stopped in my own room to shower and change into some sweats and a tank top while Xavier was getting his own shower in, so I was definitely settled in for a night in front of a TV.

"Ooo, look." I smiled, holding out my phone to show Xavier the video of his performance.

He glanced at it then chuckled softly. "You're too excited about my performance. It wasn't my best."

"May not have been your best, but it was the best performance tonight. You shut that whole place down." I replied. "You're all people will remember from tonight."

"Thanks." He said softly after a moment of silence.

"For what? Telling you your performance was good?"

"That." He shrugged. "And for being there tonight when my anxiety perked up. You saw it coming and you came to help."

"I already told you, it was no biggie. It's in my new job description as 'Isis, girlfriend to the incredible, X-ile.'" I announced my job in an action movie tone then giggled.

"You are so weird." He laughed softly. "It's one of the greatest things about you." He flipped the TV to the HDMI setting and began fidgeting with his laptop for a moment before a movie started on the TV. Standing, he turned off all the lights and came back to the sofa.

"So what's the updated schedule now? I mean, you kinda mentioned your schedule that first day, but we haven't really talked about it much in terms of the now." He commented after I shot a picture of the TV for my Instagram story and tagged him.

"I'm set to be in the studio for my newest album, working on some baseline stuff, then I've been preparing for a North and Latin American tour. Once my album is done, I'm set for a week break then I have a full week bootcamp for my tour and I'm on the road. After I get back, I'll probably be back in the studio for the album and the next big thing will be the drop there. Hectic." I sighed. "What's your schedule looking like?"

"Touring then back to the studio for a new album." He shrugged. "You know touring is the bread and butter for us."

"True. Where are you touring?"

"Same as you. North and Latin America. Our label is lazy with planning and shit. They get the same venues and deals. I'll be a good leg in before you hit the road." He replied.

"When's your first tour date?"

"Two weeks from today. I have rehearsals starting next week. It's a bootcamp of my very own."

"Are you going back to New York for this week?"

"I might be. I could get some work done." He shrugged.

"We could get some work done." I reworded his statement. "If we created our last single in a day, image what you and I can accomplish in a week. We could crack out that song that we didn't get to work on last time. Maybe even work on a couple more and see how far we get."

"You looking to get back in the studio with me?" He grinned.

"Don't act like you're not itching to get back to the studio with me. You know magic happens when we get in a studio together. Even without being in the same studio, during our first collaboration, we made a pretty awesome song. Musically, we make fire together."