Real Feelings Doesn't Just Go Away

The hardest part of breaking up with someone is seeing them realize that they aren't your person anymore.

How can you tell someone that 'hey, I used to love you, it's just that I've met someone who makes me loose my mind, so can we break up?'.

Or 'I'm not in love with you anymore. Please, let me go.'

That's just cruel!

I've tried not to be that kind of person and I refuse to be like my Elsa.

I don't want to hurt Evan, but sooner or later I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

I'm still confused about how I feel about Izzie.

The only clear thing is, I'm still falling deeper and deeper, everyday.

So I have to do something about it.

"Earth to Casey?"

I heard a finger snapping, it seems like Evan has been trying to get my attention but I was so lost in my own thoughts that I forgot he was even here in my room.

"Sorry."

He says it was okay, but I know he didn't believe me. That is how easy I can read him.

Like right now, he is playing with my hand but the truth is, something is bothering him too.

I sigh, "You can ask me, you know."

He stops what he was doing and sits up straight on my bed, "Should I be worried about something?"

There it is, the moment I have been waiting for. My cue to finally talk to Evan about us.

But why can't I find the words?

I sadly stare at him, too damn scared that I might say the wrong words.

"Evan, listen. We need to talk." I almost choke on my own words.

I sit up straight, deciding if I should turn to him and look into his eyes or just look straight ahead.

He reaches out for my hands which makes me look at him, "What's bothering you babe?"

Evan is a gentle and sweet guy. I'm so scared that this will ruin him.

Why does it have to be this way? I look at him, trying to think of a better way on how to do this.

But like what the song said, there's just no easy way to break somebody's heart.

So I guess I'm just going for it.

My eyes starts to burn, as I feel my chest becomes heavy. "I.. I can't do it." I chickened out. I remove my hands from his hold and gets up from the bed, away from him.

I start to pace the floor, I've been bitting my nails non stop, it starts to hurt a little.

I wanted to be honest with him, but I just couldn't.

He was my first on many things.

Evan suddenly stands in front of me that we almost collided. He tries to calm me by rubbing his hands up and down on my arms. "What is going on? You're scaring me, Casey." He said worriedly. "Are you..pregnant?"

My eyes grew big, "Fuck, no!"

He almost look relieved, "Then what's wrong?"

I had to do this. Its now or never.

So I rest my forhead on his chest, because I just can't look in his eyes and see the hurt that I will cause after I tell him whats going on.

"I want to break up." I could feel my heart breaking as I hear him gasp. His heart starts to beat faster and louder.