Can We Still Be Friends?

.EVAN TUBA.

Forgiving someone and forgetting what they did to you was easier said than done.

You can say I forgive you and maybe mean it a little. But forgetting the pain someone had caused you, now that is a different story.

How can you forget when someone you loved and trusted has betrayed you?

How can you forget if you can see the cause of your hurt everywhere you go?

How can you forget when even after all the hurting you're feeling, it was still her that you want?

So yeah, I can forgive her but the sad thing is, I couldn't forget her.

Maybe that is why I am standing here on their front porch, waiting for her to come out so that we could have another talk.

I've been a mess for days ever since she broke up with me. But I am willing to give it another shot, because I love her that much.

I just couldn't believe that she would fall for that douch guy, of all people!

I was worried and jealous before but when she assured me that she doesn't have feelings for him after he tried to kiss her, I believed Casey.

I honestly believed her because when I looked at her eyes, I saw the truth.

But then, what the hell happened? Could it be that I was wrong all along? That I trusted her too much?

And what about Izzie? Isn't Nate her ex boyfriend? Wouldn't that be a problem if Casey suddenly dates him? She was a wreck before when they stopped talking.

Izzie seemed like she knew something when I confronted her when I saw her last time.

She looked so guilty about something and she acted like she was protecting Casey.

A thought pops into my mind.

No, it can't be. That is impossible. I laughed at myself for even thinking that.

I've seen how close they were.

But bestfriends are always like that, right? They're clingy and touchy, its just normal girly thing to do. Although, Casey is not really a fan of invading personal space, specially hers.

After the Nate incident, Casey was so heart broken when Izzie ignored her for days. She was always looking at her phone, she speaks about how she misses Izzie and she still worries about her.

'I hope she's okay.' I would always hear Casey say out of nowhere.

But it was cool, because I know she's just worried about her close friend. So no, I refuse to believe it. And besides, if Casey is gay, I would know.

The door suddenly opens and out came Casey.

Damn, she looks so beautiful while I look like shit.

She's glowing but her eyes were instantly sad when it met mine.

It seemed like I was the one causing her sadness. How come I didn't see that?

"Hi, Evan. Um.. Do you wanna talk here or you wanna go somewhere else?" She softly asks.

"Here is fine. Let's sit on the porch." I followed her as she sits on the steps.

Casey is quiet. I could see that she's nervous, and to be honest, so am I.

"I think I'm ready to know what really happened." she looks at me like she was dreading this moment.

She sighs and then soon starts with the story of how she broke my heart.