I Could Wait Forever

Casey ran as fast as she can to escape the thoughts of last night in her mind.

As she had predicted, their first night was awkward, full of tension. Even the talkative Lisa was quiet last night.

Casey felt bad for Vero because she didn't deserve all of this, it's not her fault. She knew she should have told Lisa and Izzie about her, but she didn't, so there is no one to blame but herself. 

She feels guilty, above anything else, because here she is again, in a very committed relationship and yet longing for someone else.

She couldn't even look Izzie in the eyes. Casey was afraid that she would see the same hurt she'd caused before.

She needs to stop hurting the people she loves or the time will come when she'll lose them all.

Casey only stopped running when she couldn't feel her legs anymore. She saw a place where she could rest for a bit before running back at their camp. Casey groans and then let herself fall on the grass.

She feels exhausted; physically and emotionally.

Knowing that Izzie is single and that they could have a chance to fix everything between them torments Casey deeply.

But the thing is, she also loves Vero and everything is good between them. Vero's perfect and she doesn't deserve to get hurt. For two years, all Vero did was love and support Casey.

What kind of person would she be if, after all those good things that Vero did, all she did was break her heart?

And then there's Izzie.

The woman she have loved for so long and craves every minute of everyday. Izzie was her first of many things.

Almost her first of everything.

Even though she has no idea of what Izzie feels for her right now, she'd be willing to risk it.

Casey's tears spill from her eyes.

She had made her decision--a very difficult one, which she knows she'll regret someday.

But today, she'll follow her heart first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izzie just came back from her morning run. She had originally planned to wait until after the bell for breakfast before showering at their cabin.

She wanted to avoid everyone there, especially Veronica.

It was a miracle that she had survived last night. It was painfully easy to ignore someone when there were two other people in the room doing the same thing.

And now she wants to slap herself for changing her mind. If only she did, then she wouldn't be here, stuck in a room alone with Veronica.

It seems like the universe hates her right about now.

Izzie went straight to her assigned dresser to get her clothes for the day, ignoring the pair of eyes following her every move. Covered in sweat, all she wants is to take a shower.