| 4 |

I called Aria because I wanted to have our relationship again. I took her to ihop and then we headed to school

" How's your Mom? " she asked me

" Uh , she's okay. Still upset since the funeral. "

My brother Melvin died 4 years ago and since then life has been different for my family

" Melvin was cool dude. I liked him I liked him better than you "

4 weeks Later

Aria's POV

So August and I friendship is just like it was for those 8 years. I met this boy named Chris and we've been going out for about 2 weeks. August girlfriend Drew is real cool. We have been going on a lot of double dates. Now it's Christmas break and we are at the mall. We split up so it was Aug and Chris and me and Drew.

" How long have you and August been friends ? "

" Uh , 8 years. "

" I don't see how , his big head ass is annoying "

" It's not that's bad , your the one who's dating him. How long have y'all been dating ?"

" 1 year and 3 months "

" y'all cute , y'all cute. " I said

" What you gonna get Chris ? "

" Ugh , I have no idea. He never told me. What you getting August ? "

" Something that involves a bed and sheets. " She said while looking at me with a certain face so I knew what she was talking about

" Oh you nasty . Chris and I aren't there yet. "

August POV

" So what you getting my Bestfriend ?"

" Um , I think imma get her some shoes. Or some Jewelry , girls love jewelry. "

" Yeah do that. If you break my Bestfriend's heart I will kill you dude. "

" You sound like her father. And I won't I love her. "

" Yeah you better. You want to go to Footlocker ? "

" Yeah , I need some new shoes. "

I looked at his feet and he had some New Balances on . Bless his soul.

I would've bought him some shoes but I'm not that generous , I bought Aria some girly shit. I bought Drew a blue dress cause I'm taking her on a date on Christmas Eve. I still don't know what imma get her for Christmas.