| 6 |

Aria's POV

After the whole blowout at the Christmas dinner August have been ignoring me. It's like all his attention is on Drew. I don't have a problem with it cause I have Chris.

Christmas break is almost over which sucks. I liked being out of school. Now I'm laying down drinking tea because I'm getting a cold. Brandon been selling drugs , so be hasn't been here to help. I keep telling him he's gonna get caught but hey who am I ?

It's New Year's Eve and Chris and I are at some party. I didn't know anyone here so I was following Chris around. To be honest I was bored as shit. I was thinking about texting aug but then I heard shots and then nothing.

When I woke up I already knew I was in the hospital so I wasn't surprised. When I opened my eyes I saw August.

" Aria , what happened ? "

" You would fucking know if you were there for me "

" I'm sorry , I had other shit to deal with. "

" Is Brandon here ? "

" Yeah , he's at the cafeteria "

" You can leave then. "

" What the fuck is your problem ? "

" Your my problem , it takes for me to get hurt for you to come around "

" Fuck all this Iont need this. "

" Bye "

" What's going on ? " Chris said while walking in with food

" Nothing bro , I'll see you later "

" Bae , what happened ? "

" His dirty ass , just forget it "

" Alright , you feel better ? "

" I guess , what happened ?"

" You got shot in your shoulder and your Ankle"

3 WEEKS LATER

August hasn't talked to me and I'm fine with that. But that doesn't stop mama Sheila. She's always talking about Drew to me , honestly I don't give a fuck but Iont wanna be disrespectful. She invited Chris , Nathan and I to her Retirement party. Iont know if I wanna go cause Augs gonna be there but hey it's free food. Chris is taking me to some park , I actually wanna go, my cast was taken off my Ankle a week ago.

When we got there we go on the swings , I was sitting on his lap facing him.

" Aria , I love you "

" I love you too Christopher "

" Don't use my full first name "

" Okay , "

My phone was in my back pocket and it started to vibrate causing Chris to jump.

B Baby 😔

Where yo crusty ass at ?

- at the park with Chris , why ?

August here

- tell him go fuck himself

What the hell happened ?

- don't worry .

August's POV

I haven't been talked to Aria cause she was acting brand new at the hospital. I could've said fuck her and her crippled ass but I didn't. After the Christmas dinner Drew isn't allowed in my moms house anymore. She doing the most if you ask me.

Now Drew and I are laying down , were savoring our break. I've been seeing Chris at football practice but he don't say shit any more. She been acting real shady lately but I'm not Trynna jump to conclusions , it won't help.

I texted Chris cause I don't want him to think he can't talk to me just cause Aria mad ova nothing.

Chris👌

- Wassup ?

Oh nothing , hbu ?

- I'm good , why you don't speak at practice ?

Idk but I'll start talking more , you good ?

- yeah , you ?

mhm

I got a text from Aria , finally her ass came to her senses. It was a picture of her , it wasn't a nude thank god.

Aria☺️😫

| picture message |

- is that your way of apologizing

Tf , apologizing forrr ?

- because you was being fake as shit at the hospital

Your ass was going ghost on me and I'm supposed to be your 'bestfriend'

- it ain't always about you Ari

Just leave me alone , and no I ain't mean to send that to you. It was for Drew.

- y'all talk ?

Why does it matter ?

- cause that's my girlfriend

After that she ain't reply , I don't have time to be playing games with her.