Field Trip- Part IV

Peter knew that his life was weird- no need to remind him of that.

I mean, there aren't many teenagers out there that can claim to have attended Tony Stark's birthday dinner as well as be on the FBI's low-priority alert protocol (that had been a crazy day).

Even so, Peter just had to take a moment and appreciate how bizarre his current predicament actually was. Here he sat, on his way to take a tour at Stark Tower, where he was supposed to be "interning", though no SI employee knew Peter even existed except for Mr. Stark and Ms. Potts themselves. He didn't even have an ID- or really any proof that he hadn't been lying about working for Mr. Stark, as some students (cough-Flash-cough) had claimed.

At least his senses had settled back to normal. After his initial freak out, Ned and MJ had helped Peter to calm down, which, in turn, eased his anxiety-triggered nerves. But he was fine now- everything was going to be fine-

"All right, class! Looks like we're here!"

Super duper.

Of course, everyone else was hyped- Ned jumped out of his seat before the bus fully stopped, gripping onto Peter's shoulder to keep from toppling over. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, man! I can't believe we're here!" Peter caught MJ rolling her eyes, but she went ahead and snapped her book shut, preparing to get out.

It was going to be ok. Mr. Stark probably didn't even know about the tour. That was lower level PR department stuff, right? He had nothing to worry about-

"Hey, Puny Parker!" A hand landed roughly on Peter's back. "Ready for your 'internship' to get exposed?" Ugh- Flash was probably going to be a pain, though. Still, Peter decided not to respond- it would just make things worse. "Bugger off, Eugene-" Peter whipped around to see MJ as she stood up to the bully, drawing up to her full height. "-your thoughts are lowering the IQ of the entire bus." A few kids that heard snickered into their hands, unwilling to laugh at Flash's face. "Yeah, Jones? Then why am I on the decathalon team, huh?" MJ smirked, "Good question. Being the new captain, I'll have to review everyone's qualifications-" the tall girl then walked past Flash without sparing the bully another glance.

By now, most of the students were listening in, and silently awaiting Flash's reaction. He saw all the eyes on him, so nervously licked his lips and replied- "Y-yeah?! Well, you can take that up with my attorney, Jones!" MJ was walking out the door, but paused to laugh before exiting. Flash knew it was a lame comeback, so he just ducked his head and stormed out of the bus.

When the older boy walked out of view, Ned looked down at Peter, who was still seated. "Duuude. MJ just roasted Flash on your behalf." Peter smiled incredulously- Where had that come from?

"Ok, class- that's enough." Mr. Harrison clapped his hands to gain the remaining students' attention. "Everybody off- our tour awaits."

TONY POV

"DUM-E! I swear-" a loud crash sounded on the other side of the lab. That's it -Tony decided- he was going to go through with his threat to dismantle that robot and find whatever bug that was keeping him from obeying simple. orders. "I've been patient- and understanding!" Tony jumped out of his office chair and began stalking toward the site of the crash. "I've forgiven you again and again for the same mistakes-" DUM-E's claw shot up from behind the Iron Spider display case, which was now lying on its side, the glass cover shattered on the floor. "-but no matter what I do! No matter how many times I tell you to be careful-!"

"Tony!" The inventor whirled to see his fiancé standing at the lab's entrance. She was holding a covered suit on a hanger in one hand and a stack of note cards in the other. "You need to get ready for your presentation- I told FRIDAY to tell you."