06 | "knock, knock"

|| Kenzie ||    || Miles ||    || Papa Leo||

She had been talking to Miles for a month.

Talking to him almost every day that month.

The promise she made to herself had been long gone forgotten and broken.

She smiled at the conversation they had earlier as she made her way up to her Dolce Delacacies; the memory of the conversation still fresh in her mind.

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there"

"Jamaica"

"Jamaica Who?"

"Did Jamaica mistake!"

"..."

"..."

Kenzie was pretty sure that was not how the joke should've ended, and as seconds continued to pass in silence. Kenzie had a feeling that was it.

Oh, god. Miles was a terrible jokester. She couldn't help but silently laugh at the realization. Despite not being any better herself.

"Yes, yes I did by picking up this phone call."

"You know most people tend to laugh when they're told a joke."

"Yes, when the joke is actually funny."

"And here I thought I was fulfilling my good Samaritan duties by making your day a little bit more bearable on this gloomy afternoon were having."

"Who said it was gloomy where I am, in fact, it's all rainbows and sunshine here, maybe a little too much."

"What do you mean? It's been gloomy all week in Cambridge?"

"Who said I was in Cambridge?"

"Where are you, then?"

"Miles don't you have somebody else to annoy? Your voice is starting to irritate me."

"And, here I thought you found my voice sexy."

"Oh shut up, I didn't mean..."

"Just admit it."

"You're never going to let that go, are you?"

"Never."

Kenzie smiled. No matter how much Miles would continue to taunt her about her slip up she hoped he never would stop because secretly she enjoyed it.

"Hey Miles"

"Yes Kenzie"

"I think I have a joke you might like."

"Well, it better be funny."

If it wasn't possible, she smiled harder at that and for some reason, she knew Miles was doing the exact same thing on the other end. She could feel it.

"I don't know about funny, but I know you will like it.

"Well let's hear it then."

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Yahoo."

"Yahoo who?"

"Yahoo! I'm pretty psyched to hear from you!"

"..."