24 | "miles! im sooo close!"

Flashback from a few months ago.

"That's amazing Miles," Kenzie replied in absolute awe as Miles finished telling her about what he dreamed of doing. She was officially smitten by how kind his heart was. So full, so big, and so pure.

"Yeah, I mean it sounds like a lot, but I think it will be worth it." Miles sighed. Kenzie could hear the smile in his voice, bringing her own lips to tug upwards.

"It does, but if there's one person I know who could do it, it's definitely you Miles. You have the biggest heart." Kenzie replied sincerely.

"Haha, now you're just being nice." He replied with a laugh, but Kenzie knew it was only a cover-up, but for what? Was it shyness? Kenzie furrowed her eyebrows. Why was he uncomfortable all of a sudden?

"You do Miles." Kenzie blew the words out. "There's not many people who would do that. You would help so many people." Kenzie sighed dreamily picturing a faceless Miles being silly to the kids he was treating.

"Thanks." Miles murmured so lowly that Kenzie almost missed it, and before she could question the shyness in his voice. Miles' voice echoed into the phone asking her the same question she had asked him only minutes ago.

"So, tell me what is something you've always dreamed of doing?"

Kenzie felt silly as her mind wandered back and forth from all the things she had loved to do someday, but nothing equivalent to Miles' dream. Kenzie had traveled to practically every continent way before she turned ten, but never truly experienced it. She had been to China, Mexico, New Zealand, Japan, Ireland, India, Singapore, Switzerland, Croatia, Portugal, Kenya, Spain, and so, so many other beautiful countries, states and cities within them. But, never had truly seen them, experience their culture, tasted their cuisine, walked through the streets just to be in their world. Kenzie was never given an opportunity to explore, to just let loose. Though she was young when she visited most of the world, that was still no excuse. There were countless of students in her own class that would come back to the first day of school with pictures of themselves, cage-diving in Australia, walking through the Great Wall of China, floating in the Dead Sea, or even a simple family pictures taken at Disney World. Instead, Kenzie was locked up in a hotel room with a nanny that was more of her parent than her biological parents, missing out her entire childhood and so much more.

"So what is it Kenzie? What's your dream, something you've always wanted to do?"

"It's silly, Miles," Kenzie replied because it truly was compared to a boy who wanted to help children in the system with ADHD and dyslexia believe they were far more than what society perceives them as. And, travel the world to help those in medical need.

"If it's a dream, it can't be silly," Miles replied sweetly, and Kenzie's heart swelled to the point of explosion.

Kenzie closed her eyes, saying her next words so carefully. "I wish I could have a day full of fun." She finished, opening her eyes to silence, and after what seemed like forever the next words that came out his mouth made her smile, making her forget her worries.

"Your wish is my command."

"You're ridiculous."

"So, what would this day full of fun consist of?"

Kenzie smiled as the dreamy event of a fun day started to paint colorful pictures in her mind.

"I want to start the day off with a huge breakfast."