iii.

tuesday was just as good as monday.

max had smirked when mike kissed el's forehead.

lucas had rolled his eyes whenever el hugged mike, which was almost every five minutes.

dustin basically squealed when mike gave el a box of chocolates, and when the girl thanked him with a kiss on his cheek.

will smiled whenever mike called el 'love' or 'babe', and when she called him 'freckles'.

mike's mom asked about el basically 24/7, almost driving mike crazy but making him feel proud of himself because he was able to fool his mom.

stacey still threw dirty glances towards el, and she sometimes kissed daniel passionately just to piss her off, but el simply snorted and snuggled closer to mike whenever that happened.

the whole party was leaving their favorite dinner, benny's, after hanging out together after school, when they realized that it was already pretty late for el and will to return to their houses walking, so dustin offered himself to drive will home- so that mike could take his girlfriend, of course.

no one complained, and said goodbye to each other before parting ways to their respective house.

"i can't drive you home." mike scratched the back of his neck, and el frowned.

"what?"

"we are going on my bike, instead." mike grinned when he noticed how el went pale and her eyes widened.

"you know i hate that thing, i'm soooo not riding it."

"yeah, you're not. i'm riding, you're just gonna sit behind me." mike smirked, and el gave him the middle finger. "we are not in fourth grade anymore, you are not going to fall this time. you just gotta trust me."

"well i have to trust you." el whispered, gaining a beam from mike. "do you promise you're not gonna let me fall?"

"i promise." mike offered her his hand, which she took on hers, and met him walk her all the way to his bike.

- she realized how warm his hand was, at least compared to her cold one, and how big it was in comparison to her own. oh, and how she shivered with his touch, but it was probably because of the cold freezing weather -

- but she did not realize that mike thought the same, not that one of them would admit it, though -

mike helped her hop on the bike and then did so himself. "hold onto something."

el put her hands on his shoulders and hummed. "don't go too fast or i'll rip your face off."

"sounds tempting." mike laughed, and shook his head. "but not today, janie."

"fuck off."

"don't let go." mike sped up the bike, and laughed at the weird noises el made when she realized that they were moving.

"i have to speed this up because you're too heavy, okay?" mike said over his shoulder, and felt el shake her head behind him.

"no! don't you dare, wheeler! or i- FUCK SLOW DOWN YOURE GOING TOO FAST. SHIT."

"you are so elegant."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

el let go of his shoulders and wrapped her arms around his torso, burying her face against his back and squeezing her eyes.

"i'm not even going that fast!" mike was trying to ignore the fact that he was blushing now that the brunette girl was holding him tightly.

"yes, you are! if i die i'm gonna kill you!" el yelped, and tightened her grip to mike as he cracked up.