iv.

"hello, bitch."

mike snorted. "so now you're calling me a bitch? no more freckles, or wheeler?"

el's eyes widened, and the phone she was holding against her ear almost fell off her hands. "i thought it was max calling, not you."

mike laughed on the other side of the line, and since it was so contagious el laughed as well, despite how embarrassed she was. "so, uh, guess what?"

"what?" el asked, biting her lip as she looked at her ceiling and laid on her bed.

"my mom wants to have dinner with you."

el's breath hitched, and she even felt goosebumps rise upon her arm. "why?"

"well, she wants to get to know my girlfriend better."

el rolled her eyes and huffed. "but she's known me for years!"

"she says that now that we are together, she needs to 'step up' her relationship with you and bla bla bla," as mike spoke, el could picture the way he was moving his hand with every word, giving his sentence some 'emphasis'.

"but, today? why not tomorrow?"

"i told her that it would be better today since tomorrow is saturday so we would have our movie day and then you could go to that sleepover with max you told me about."

"oh, right, the sleepover." el facepalmed herself. "wait, i just realized, does that mean that tomorrow is our one week fake anniversary?"

"come to think about it, yeah!" the two laughed, and mike spoke up again. "only two more weeks to go!"

"i think you mean two more weeks for me to show you that i'm a better girlfriend than you."

"well, yeah, i'm not even your girlfriend. i'm your fake boyfriend."

el laughed hard, doubling over herself. "you know what i mean."

"yeah, sure." mike laughed, and el took deep breaths to calm herself down. "but, anyway, will you come for dinner tonight with my family as my now official girlfriend?"

"oh, i most definitely will, freckles. pick me up at eight sharp."

"i will. bye, el. oh! and dress nicely, she wants this dinner to be more 'formal' than any other dinner we've ever had."

"will do. later, mike."

he hung up, a wide smile on his face that he couldn't erase no matter how hard he tried to.

"woah."

"isn't it a little too much?" el looked down at her baby blue dress, passing her hands over it as she bit her lip shyly and looked at mike. "don't you think i'm a little overdressed?"

mike couldn't articulate a word, since his mouth was gaping at the sight of el in front of him, but he finally managed to snap out of his trance as he cleared his throat and a blush rises upon his cheeks. "y-you look really pretty, el."

"you don't look so bad yourself, freckles." for some reason, el had always thought that mike looked really handsome whenever he wore a suit.

"well, shall we?"mike offered el his hand, which she gladly took as the two bowed.

"we shall." the pair laughed as el closed the door behind her, and made their way to mike's car. "you cleaned your car, i see."

"well, i couldn't take my fake girlfriend to a dinner with my parents in a trashed can, right?" mike smirked coyly, and opened the door for el to get in.