eight

party favor

party favor.

_____

EIGHT.

Most of Mackenzie's shift had been boring.

She was suppose to be working with Darius again, but he had an "emergency" (pussy appointment) and was now stuck with Mark for the rest of her shift.

Which was only another hour long, thank God.

If she had to listen to his complaints about how she cleans and places the CDs incorrectly, she was actually gonna square up.

She was in the back of one of the furthest aisles, just wanting to be as far away from him as possible, when the little bell signaling the door opening ringed.

She sighs, sure that Mark would get the customer's attention and help them out while she restocks one of the albums in the back corner.

She can hear the two of them murmuring in the front and then silence.

"Hey." A soft voice whispers from beside her.

She squeals and jumps back a little. She looks to the side and sees Johnny, smiling shyly with his hood up as usual.

"Johnny!" She breathes, eyes widening. "Jesus, you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry, I thought I'd—is it okay if I hang out here for a bit?" He asks, suddenly quieter.

His tone was worried and she smiles at how adorable he looks, head tilted and thicc brows furrowed with concern.

"Of course, all of our customers can. There's a lounge area over–"

"No... I meant with you." He looks down at his shoe, too embarrassed to look her in the eyes.

I gotta shoot my shot before Mandla does.

"Oh." She blinks. "Well, okay. It's fine, I guess. I hate working alone with Mark, anyways."

Johnny's eyes went dark as he glances back toward the register where Mark was doing his manager things. "Why? Does he harass you or something?"

"Nah, he just gets on my nerves." She shrugs, fitting more albums onto the shelf.

Another ring of the little bell from the front door draws Mackenzie's attention.

"Hey, Kenz!" Mandla appears around the corner with a bright smile.

"Mandla!" She exclaims, rushing to embrace him in a hug. "What're you doing here?"

Johnny felt his hands clench into tight fists as anger begins to boil within him.

He lets go of the embrace and explains. "I came to see you, buddy. What time is your shift over?"

"About an hour, why?"

"I was–" His eyes quickly notices Johnny behind her. "Am I interrupting something?"

Yes, dumbass. "No, I guess not." Johnny mumbles, brushing pass the both of them.

Mandla waits as Johnny leaves before he continues.

Obviously, Johnny doesn't go too far. He makes sure to spy on them from behind the corner.

"I was thinking maybe we could chill Friday night." Mandla says.

He did not just fucking say that.

Johnny was raging with jealousy, he knew that should've been him. Everything was just so uncalled for.

Mackenzie crosses her arms. "Chill?"

"Y-Yeah, like you know..." He stammers. "A date? Just me and you?... Are you down?"

"Well..." she contemplates.

Hoe, don't do it.

"Yeah, I'm down." She nods, grinning at him.

Oh my god.

_____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: ight its time to settle this shit rn... what came first? the chicken or the egg?