ten

senpai

senpai.

_____

TEN.

"He still hasn't asked me out!" She pouts to Darius, picking at her food.

Darius groans, smacking his lips together as he attempts to swallow down the food stuffed in his mouth.

"Oh my god, will you shut the fuck up about this?" He yells around the food.

He continues eating, rolling his eyes as she sighs for the millionth time.

"I can't help it!" She exclaims, taking a bite of her food and swallowing thickly. "We text all the time, we kiss, we hang out, but—"

Darius shoots her a look as he takes a swig of his water. "Have you thought maybe he doesn't want to date you?"

She tries to ignore the sting of his words, sharp little jabs into her chest.

Darius has always been completely honest with Mackenzie. When they first became friends at the music shop, they promised to never be fake to each other.

"Who wouldn't want to date me?" She jokes, flipping her hair.

Darius laughs and shoves her leg with his. "Yeah, you're right, you've got it going on."

"See?" She smirks. "Even you're in love with me."

"We'd be the power couple of the century." Darius agrees. "Too bad you can't tickle my pickle."

She scrunches her nose. "I don't need to be thinking about your pickle, thanks."

Then, her eyes catch on something outside the living room window.

"What is that?" She mumbles, squinting.

"What's what?" He turns around, facing the glass windows and looking out trying to spot whatever she'd seen.

The something shifts and her blood feels like ice in her veins, freezing her limbs. Was that a person?

Darius mutters under his breath and shuffles forward to the window.

There was a bright flash and then he exclaims loudly. "What the fuck?!" He bolts toward the front door, shoving it open and rushing outside.

"Darius, wait!" She shouts, moving to follow after him.

"Stay inside!" he yells at her, barely glancing at her.

She gulps and stays put, watching him from the door.

He searches around frustratedly, but finds no sign of the figure.

He comes back inside, huffing. "You're not staying here alone." He tells her immediately. "I came here for shits and giggles, but I'm not leaving you here with some creep out and about."

"Say no more." She hurriedly grabs her belongings. "Let's bounce!"

_____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: i honestly wanna see kenzie and annie fight like imagine hayley and maddie screaming "world star!" in the background as the two of them drag each others weave.... that would be so iconic ugh my mind.