twelve

i don't wanna do this anymore

______

TWELVE.

"I love watching you stuff your face." Darius jokes.

Mackenzie raises an eyebrow and begins chewing with her mouth open to irritate him as he made a noise of disgust.

"Shut up." She replies instantly, shoveling more of the sub-sandwich into her mouth.

"I brought you to the mall in hopes of cheering you up, Kenz." He explains, sipping his lemonade. "Can't you smile a little?"

"Food and xxxtentacion are the only things helping me get through this week."

He only hums in response and she continues to eat until her stomach couldn't take anymore.

As she finished her sandwich, she had an odd feeling, something prickling just under the skin of her neck.

She turned her head but saw nothing.

Then she saw Johnny, his hood over his head and his eyes down, focused on the screen of his phone.

His foot was tapping up and down repeatedly and she waits until he looks up from his phone, eyes meeting hers immediately.

"Johnny!" She calls loudly, making Darius flinch beside her.

He looks over to where her figure was.

She waves her arm above her head. "Come here!"

"Hey, Kenzie." He greets softly with a smile as he approaches the two of them, taking a seat on the empty chair beside them.

Mackenzie doesn't miss a beat. "I know you did it."

Johnny's eyes widen as his heart began to race. Sweat was forming around his forehead and his hands were becoming shaky.

"D-Did what?" He gulps.

"The homework. Duh."

"Oh... oh." He sighs of relief. "Actually, I'm planning on to do it when I get home. I'll send it to you if you want." He gives her a small smile before his eyes flicker to Darius.

"I'm Darius, her best friend." He says.

"Johnny. Uh, nice to meet you."

"Cool..." Darius nods, silence surfacing the three of them again. "I actually gotta go, I have a pussy appointment at 4 0' clock."

She immediately shoots Darius a glare. "Is pussy that important to you?"

Darius only winks in return as he gathers his trash and left, waving and promising he'd see her later.

"Did you hear about the party?" Johnny brings up, his face showing an interest as he watches her.

"Yeah." She shrugs. "I'm going, I guess. My friends are kinda making me."

"Isn't it dangerous to go to a party alone?"

She cocks her head to the side. "What do you mean? There's tons of people there."

He looked away from her shyly. "There's been a lot of... incidents at those kind of parties lately. I'm just worried."

Her eyes shift behind Johnny, as she spots Mandla in the crowd of shoppers.... holding a girl's hand.

Her blood begins to boil as she glances back to Johnny, clenching her fist tightly.

It's been like a week and he already moved tf on... something she can't relate to.

"Th-There's nothing to worry about!" She exclaims, hoping Mandla could see and hear them. "Plus, if–if you're there, I wouldn't have anything to worry about, right?"

Her heart was pounding and she couldn't believe she'd just done that.

She basically just asked an emo on a date to get Mandla jealous lmao.

He coughs awkwardly into his hand and then nods quickly. "Yeah, you're—you're right! If I'm there, you'd have nothing to worry about." He grins sheepishly at her.

Then, his smile fades as his eyes dart to her lips.

His heart picks up speed and he raises his hand, reaching for her face.

She was frozen as his palm cups her jaw and her eyes were open wide, fingers trembling as she watches his pupils dilate.

His thumb brushes across the corner of her mouth and then he gulps as he drops his hand away from her face.

"There was, uhm—a crumb." He says quietly, voice low and murmuring.

"Oh." She breathes. The air was thick with tension and she tugs her bottom lip. "Thanks."

"Uh huh." His eyes still focused on her lips.

"I, um, I have work." She blinks. "I should go."

"Definitely."

"I'll see you later!" She slings her bag across her shoulder, throwing her trash away with a rush.

"Yeah." He mutters as she makes her way through the food court and out the main entrance of the mall.

A dark smirk plays on his lips. "Be careful."

_____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: hocus pocus, addams family, twitches, nightmare before christmas, halloween town, corpse bride, ghost busters, Casper the friendly hoe.... I can feel the spooky gods in this chilis tonight🗿✈️