fifteen

jocelyn flores

jocelyn flores.

_____

FIFTEEN.

Mackenzie stretches as she walks into the music store for her shift, excited that she'd be working with Darius this time.

She's been texting Johnny on and off, slightly tired from how many texts he sent; he sure was talkative through texts for someone so quiet in real life.

Mark was waiting near the back door. "Hey." He greets, face unreadable.

"Hi." She replies blankly.

She tries to walk past him, but he grabs her elbow and she jerks back, surprised.

When she looks up at him, his hand still wrapped around her arm, his eyes were harsh.

"Your boyfriend's not allowed here anymore." He harshly whispers.

She furrows her brows. "I don't have a boyfriend."

"Whatever. He's not allowed here, do I make myself clear?"

"Why?" She scoffs.

Mark hesitates before he responds. "H-He just isn't. You're always too distracted when he's around."

"Bullshit!" She exclaims, yanking her arm from his grasp. "You can't just ban a customer because of that!"

"Watch me." He sneers. "Your boyfriend is a fucking psycho—"

"Kenzie!" A voice calls from behind.

Mackenzie and Mark both turn to see Johnny, wearing his usual hoodie.

His eyes focuses on the closeness between Mackenzie and her manager.

"J-Johnny, hey." She breathes.

He took a few steps forward, reaching the two of them in seconds.

"I remember you said you were working today and I wanted to stop by." Johnny's gaze flickers between her and Mark.

Mackenzie pauses, she didn't remember telling him that she was working today...

"Leave." Mark blurts out.

"Excuse me?" Johnny scrunches his eyebrows.

She could feel her heart pounding as she watches the two of them in this weird rivalry.

She was about to interfere, grabbing at Mark's arm, and Johnny's expression softens, eyes focusing on her.