Chapter four

-Ryan-

It's cold when I wake up. The sun is shining through the window behind me, but I know that this isn't my room because the sun usually shines right at me. I open my eyes, and sure enough, I'm not home. My head hurts like hell. I sit up slowly, frowning at the brightness hurting my eyes so much.  

The door opens and I look over, heart dropping as I see the familiar black hair and brown eyes. Brendon stops and then smiles a bit.

"Hey, you're awake," he says. I nod carefully. He sits down next to me.

"What happened?"

"Um... well, I accidentally gave you a concussion," Brendon says a bit awkwardly, and I laugh lightly. 

"Well, thanks for that," I say. He looks down guiltily. Guilt fills my chest and I place my hand on his. He looks up. "What's up?"

"Feel bad. For a lot of reasons, but mostly falling on top of you and making you hit your head," he says, and we both smile.

"What are the other reasons?"

"Mel's back. Um, as Panic!'s touring guitarist," he says. I nod.

"I heard about... you know," I say, because I did. I heard all about it. Jon told me minutes within the tweet being sent out. Brendon looks down again. 

"I feel like... maybe I could've stopped it somehow. I wish I knew, and-" He swallows and I move closer, putting my arm around his waist. I feel him tense a bit but he says nothing. 

"You did all you could have, Bren. It's not something you could have known sooner. No one is mad at you, everyone's mad at him. If anything, they're sorry for you," I say, and he looks at me, frowning. "I may have scrolled through Instagram and twitter," I admit, and he laughs. I smile.

"I... I'm sorry," he says quietly.

"For what?"

"For... almost killing you," he says, and even I know that that's not what he was gonna say. I don't say anything about it, though.

"It's okay. I'm alright and not dead," I say and he chuckles again. I rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me. This is fine, I'm fine.

We're fine.