Chapter fourteen

-Brendon, one year later-

Ryan and Jon are out for lunch and I'm at home, doing a livestream. People have started asking about Ryan again. They think I don't wanna talk about him, but that's all I wanna do.

"'How did you and Ryan get together again?' Oh boy, that's..." I laugh lightly, remembering that memory clearly. "Well, MJ and I watched his performance at Z's prom thing, and after the show I tripped and accidentally fell on him and he hit his head on the sidewalk and got a concussion. He passed out and I took him back to my house, and then... I remember that he woke up and when I walked in I felt my heart skip a beat. I was kind of freaking out, like, 'oh my god, he's looking at me and we're together again'. I kept having these daydreams of us, like fantasies, just imagining little things like us kissing or something. I felt like it was 2005 all over again," I say, and read the comments of everyone freaking out. 

I giggle a bit, smiling wide. I push my glasses up and read more comments. 

"'You said no one knew you got married', yeah, no one knew. I kept having these fantasy things and one night we just... we got really close, I realized that I never stopped being in love with him, and I kissed him. I also realized that it was real, so I told him. I told him that I was in love with him, and he told me he was in love with me too, then he just out of the blue asked for me to marry him and I said yes. We ran off together, got rings, then got married. We looked rough, haven't washed our hair in like, two days, I was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie and he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and we just got married. No wedding or anything. I don't regret it, either. I love him, and we had no reason to dress up big," I explain briefly. 

'THAT'S THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OMG'

'AWWWWWW'

'literally goals'

'FUCKINGFDGHFKS'

I laugh at the comments, then hear the door open. I look up and Ryan smiles wide. Jon, who is next to him, smiles. I smile back.

"We got you lunch," he tells me, putting a bag of food next to me. 

"Ooh, thank you," I say, standing. We kiss quickly, and then Jon steps up and I hug him.

"Liveshow?" Ryan asks. 

"Yeah," I say, sitting down again. I move the camera so it can see all three of us. Ryan bends down a bit, wrapping his arms around me. He kisses my cheek and I smile wide, then look at him. We kiss again, then turn to the camera again.

I laugh at a certain comment from our dearest friend.

'@vickyt: I love my dads'

"We love you too," Ryan says, smiling.

"'Ryan, do you have any embarrassing stories about Brendon?'" Jon reads out loud.

"Last week he forgot how ketchup is made," Ryan immediately says, and I laugh. 

"Most of my embarrassing stories are known," I say.

"Remember in 2007 when you tried to make mac and cheese but we didn't have any milk so you replaced it with coffee creamer?" Jon asks, and Ryan gags a bit. 

"Disgusting. It was... ugh..." I shake my head, cringing, and Jon laughs. 

I read another comment, smiling a bit.

'they should invite spencer over and then it'll be complete' 

I grab my phone and tell them I'm gonna call someone real quick, so Ryan and Jon sit and answer questions. 

I wait for the rings to stop, then smile when they do.

"Hey, what's up?" Spencer says.

"Not much, I was wondering if you wanted to come over? Jon's over, and I thought it'd be cool to all hang out again," I say, and there's a short silence, and then I hear him talking, but to someone off phone.

"Yeah, sure. I'm actually really close, Linda and I are just driving around, she'll drop me off." 

"Cool, see you in a few."

"See you," he says, then hangs up. I wait a few minutes, overhearing Ryan and Jon talking and answering questions. I guess someone mentioned Dallon, because now Ryan is saying how he's never met him, and Jon mentions that he has before and he was pretty cool. I smile, then see a car pull up. Spencer gets out, and I open the front door. We hug quickly, and when I close it, Jon and Ryan turn.

"The whole gang's here!" Ryan says excitedly, and I hum at how cute he is. He stands and walks over, him and Spencer hugging. I grab my phone from the dining room table, then smile at the fans. I get really close to the mic and whisper so no one in the room hears me.

"My husband is really, really cute and I love him a lot and he just got excited because Jon and Spencer are here and he's always so cute when he gets excited I just wanna kiss him all the time," I whisper very quietly, then pull away and smile. 

'FUCKING HELL WHY ARE THEY SO CUTE'

'ryan just went 'the gang's all here!' and now i'm crying cause brendon just went on about how cute it was shdfkhkhkfgsd'

'omg ryan just called him, brendon, spencer, and jon 'the whole gang' i can't'

'i need someone to talk about me like brendon does about ryan wtf'

'RYDEN IS LITERALLY SO CUTE AND PURE'

I read another comment commenting about sun/moon, and this time deciding to answer out loud, whispering once again.

"Ryan's the sun and I'm the moon, by the way. He'd say that I lit his world up even when he was in a dark place, and I always called him the light of my life, so... yeah," I say quietly, then pull away. 

The boys are talking and catching up, so I keep reading comments. 

'HOLY shIT'

'brendon's over here fucking watering and feeding the ryden lane whAt'

'brendon i dare u to kiss ryan on camera. bet u won't do it coward'

I laugh, then look at Ryan. He looks at me, and I step forward, kissing him, making sure that the fans see. I pull away and he smiles, and I kiss his cheek, then turn to my phone. 

"Ha, I'm not a coward. I kiss him all the time, whenever I want, on and off live streams, because he's my husband," I say in a matter-of-fact tone, and the boys laugh. 

'w h a t  t h e  f u c k  j u s t  h a p p e n e d'

'DID HE JUST KISS RYAN ON CAMERA BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID HE WOULDN'T OH MY GOD'

'SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IM NOT OKAY'

'FIRST BRENDON EXPLAINS HOW HE AND RYAN GOT BACK TOGETHER, THEN RYAN, JON, SPENCER, AND BRENDON ARE ALL REUNITED, AND THEN HE KISSES RYAN ON SCREEN LIKE THREE TIMES WHATT HE FUC K'

I smile, then decide to soon say goodbye so we can all hang out. I end the stream, then post it on my story because this sure was a treat. I turn my phone off, then go behind Ryan and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I love you," I say quietly once Jon and Spencer are engaged in conversation.

"I love you too, you okay?"

"Yeah, just wanted to hold you."

"You sure? You ended the stream and now you're all lovey, did something happen?" He asks worriedly. I look at him. 

"No, I promise. I just... I really do love you, and I love holding you and being with you, and... yeah," I say, and he smiles. 

"I really love you too," Ryan says. I lean forward and kiss him. When we pull away, I can see Jon taking a photo. I smile. 

I never fell in love with Ryan twice. I was mistaken on that part. Not twice, just once many, many years ago.

And I'll never fall out of love with him.