11. Wrapped

The TNS season 4 wrap party was tomorrow, hence the fact that I was out shopping with Briar for my outfit. I realised that I needed a change from the same shirts and t-shirts.

"How about this?" She picked out a dark grey shirt with white buttons, that actually looked pretty good.

"I like it," I nodded in agreement, taking the hanger from Briar and pulling the shirt off of it. The Zara Man that we were in had no changing room, and seeing as we were both hidden behind clothing racks in an empty store, I pulled my t-shirt off right there. As I unbuttoned the shirt I was about to wear, I caught Briar's eyes transfixed to my abs.

"Like what you see?" I smirked, pulling the shirt over myself.

"The shirt? Yeah, it looks great," she blushed.

"You know what I meant, babe," I teased her. I don't know where I was getting this sass or courage, but it felt great.

"Don't push your luck," she raised her eyebrows, watching my take the shirt off again and pulling my t-shirt on.

"The grey one it is," I smiled, taking it to the cashier, who apparently was watching our conversation.

"Ah, young love," the dude grinned, making my cheeks flush with colour.

"No...." Briar denied quickly, her skin the same red as mine. "This- us," she gestured between us. "Not like that."

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Aw, shame," he shrugged, handing me the shirt. I payed for it and thanked him, before leaving the store.

I walked alongside Briar, both of us pretty awkward about what happened before.

"Want a milkshake?" I pointed to the store, trying to break the tension.

"Sure," she said, and we entered the store. I ventured slightly outside my comfort zone and got Oreo rather than banana, and Briar got a mango and pineapple smoothie.

"The wrap party is gonna be so hype," I grinned.

"I know, but..." her face fell, my expression becoming concerned.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked her softly.

"What if this is it? What if the show ends here?" Briar looked up at me sadly.

"Hey," I took her hands that lay on the table, holding them reassuringly. "Things are going to change, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. If the show does end here, it's ok. All good things must come to an end, and I'm sure you'll go on to do bigger and better things. When one door closes, another one opens, right?" I raised my eyebrows lightly, prompting her to answer.

She nodded in acceptance.

"Besides, you never know, there could be a season 5," I shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess," she sighed. We finished our milkshakes and headed home.

The next day, I ate breakfast and went to the gym for a few hours, only to come home to Isaiah sitting on my couch (he had the spare keys).

"Hurry up dude, we're going to be so late," he rolled his eyes.

"There's 2 hours till the party!" I exclaimed, putting my bag down next to the couch.

"Exactly, only 2 hours," he stressed, standing up and allowing me to take in his appearance.

Isaiah wore a red and yellow patterned shirt and black blazer, his dreadlocks pulled up into a low knot at the back of his head.

"You lookin' fine bro," I complimented him.