13. Some Things Never Change

Things between me and Briar were really awkward. And that wasn't great seeing as I had a cast sleepover thing with her tomorrow at Trevor and Lamar's place before they moved out, and I was going to a concert with her next week.

I knew what happened at the party was all my fault, and I can't forgive myself for it. I lead her on to believe that our dancing was more than I had intended it to be, and toyed woth her emotions. Because in no way was I ready to date her.

She was the only thought in my mind for the entire day. I went to the gym that morning. Climbing out of my car, I stuffed my hands into the pocket of my jacket only to find her lipstick in there. I must have left it from before.

Even something as simple listening to music reminded me of her. I clicked 'shuffle' on my playlist and the first song was a track that we had jammed to in Kitchener on the TNS Wild Rhythm Tour, called Some Things Never Change by Marc E. Bassy.

The lyrics reminded me of her. Every word made me think of her. Her voice, her smile, the way she would scrunch up her nose when she laughed and blink really hard if she was about to cry. Watching her move, her dance, everything about her was perfect in my eyes.

Humming along, I worked out for a few hours, before grabbing myself a usual banana shake and hitting the road. I got home in time for a light lunch and then went through my emails, booking myself for a few studio sessions and conventions. I even made time to walk Allie and catch up on some reading. Finishing my crime novel was something I never usually got to do.

Feeling bored again, I called home. Skyping Mum, King and Ryan for hours made me feel instantly better about the whole Briar situation. After watching a new comedy movie, I went to bed feeling much happier than I was that morning.

Time slipped passed me, as it usually did, and I found myself hurriedly packing my bag with a set of clothes for the cast sleepover. I was already in my pyjamas- a loose fitting beige t-shirt and some fresh tracksuit bottoms.

I chucked my tooth brush and phone charger into the side zip, slipping my phone into the pocket of my tracksuit before grabbing my stuff and sprinting down the stairs to Isaiah's car. Alex already sat in the back seat, and I took the seat next to her, knowing Bri would want to sit at the front when we picked her up. She hated sitting at the back.

"Hey," I grinned at them, adjusting the backpack at my feet.

"Hi," Alex smiled.

"Ok, Myles down, Briar to go..." Isaiah recited, reversing the car to leave the appartment.

"How excited are you for this sleepover?" Alex asked. I could tell she was.

"Extremely. It's gonna by hype," I responded earnestly.

"You didn't happen to forget anything, did you Myles," Isaiah asked, out of distrust. "Phone, charger, toothbrush, keys," I checked them off with my fingers as he listed.

"Nope, all good," I shrugged at the end.

"Clothes," he raised his eyebrows.

"Ohhhh... I think I forgot," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Alex burst out laughing at my antics.

We stopped at Briar's place, and she quickly rushed over to us, climbing in. She was already in her sleepwear like us, some black cropped leggings and a grey oversized tshirt that was tight to the arms and had a floral pocket.

"Let's go, Shelby texted me, they've already started the movie," Briar panicked. With a small laugh, Isaiah started the car, and we drove to Trevor and Lamar's flat. Buzzing the button, we were allowed into the block and we raced each other up the stairs to the 2nd floor.