Mystery man

As I scrolled through Leonardo's profile I couldn't help but giggle. Under hobbies it said:

Watching Space Hero's and leading my team

What type of team could be he leading? And seriously? Space Hero's? Isn't that a show for kids? I suppose I shouldn't judge since I haven't actually watched it but I'm just going from what I have heard. The more I read about this guy the more I wanted to know, so without second guessing I decided to send him a message. What's the worst that could happen, I mean the app did match us up.

Me: "Hey! What's up?"

Yup, a true natural at starting conversations.
After no immediate reply I decided it was about time I called my mother.

Ring ring ring~

"(Y/n)! Thank god! I didn't know what happened. Why did it take you so long to call me?!"

"Sorry mum, busy day. You know you could've called me too yeah?"

"I didn't want to seem like one of those mums who smother their children so I waited for you to call"

"You're probably the only one that would think that if you called me"

"Oh quiet you. So had a busy day?"

"Yeah! Went to a cafe and get this...I made a friend!"

"Woo! I'm so proud hunny"

"I also got an app just like you asked and have already matched up with someone"

"That's my girl!"

"Then the rest of the day I finished unpacking my boxes and am probably about to head to bed"

"Well darling I won't keep you for much longer. Sleep well"

"Night mum"

Then the call ended. As I got ready for bed and finished brushing my teeth my phone buzzed. Curious, I picked it up and saw that Leonardo had replied back! Nearly spitting out my tooth booth and chocking on the toothpaste, I opened up the chat.

Leonardo: "uh, hi. Nothing's up"

Wow. What a response. Guess it's up to me to get this convo rolling.

Me: "we matched up so I thought I would send a message"

Leonardo: "oh sorry! I'm sorta new to this thing. My brothers got it and made me get it too"

Me: "ah that's right. In your profile it said you have three other brothers. That must be tough"

Leonardo: "you have no idea, and I'm always the one that is expected to keep them in line since I'm the oldest"

Me: "that honestly sounds the worst. I'm and only child so I can't even imagine what that would feel like"

Leonardo: "hehe it's a gift. I hate to cut this short but I have to go somewhere with the others"

Me: "oh okay. Wanna chat later?"

Please say yes. Please say yes.

Leonardo: "I don't see why not. Talk later. Bye :)"

Me: "cya"

And with that I turned off my phone.
I.Bloody.Did.It! That didn't seem too bad. Guess I'm only awkward in real life. Plugging my phone in I laid down and shut my eyes. Just as I was drifting off to sleep my phone buzzed again, but it was too late. My mind was already wondering around in dreams.

The next morning I woke up a little earlier. By that I mean at fricken 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. After a while of trying, I eventually gave up and got up. There was no point in hanging around so I got ready and headed out for a really early morning coffee. Walking down a now familia street, I turned into my new favourite café, Café Verde. As the soft bell jingled I made my way to my spot. It wasn't long before my new friend came to my table.

"Good morning (y/n)!" Penelope greeted with a wide and welcoming smile.

"Morning Penelope! How are you?"

"Can't complain. What about you?"

"I've got news!"

"Ooh wait! Let me grab something!" And with that she dashed into the kitchen and came out a minute later with my (f/d) and a coffee of her own. Placing it down in front of us she sat down and waited for me to continue.

"Do you have time?" I asked just in case.

"Yeah don't worry. Look around. Nobody but you comes this early," she said with a chuckle.

"Ok then. Ready?"
She nodded her head rapidly.

"I got a match already!"
Penelope's jaw dropped as she got up and jumped around

"This is amazing! What's his name?" She asked eagerly.

"His name is Leonardo. He is the oldest out of four brothers,"

"Oohh. A family guy. Always good. How does he look?" She said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ah about that. His profile doesn't have a picture, only a description,"

Her face dropped.

"(Y/n) this could be a trap! What if he is actually a 60 something year old man that just wants to use you!"

"Well he hasn't asked anything personal or asked to meet up so I think he is ok," I said sorta second guessing myself.

"There is only one way to find out," she said as she snatched my phone and went on the app.

"Oh you have another match! Lucky girl. We can look at that later. But for now..."
She was cut off by my phone ringing. She stared at me with a sly grin and handed back my phone.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper screamed in case they picked up.

"Only one way to figure out if they are really who they say they are,"

"And that is?" I asked a little nervous.

"To hear their voice!" She screamed. Just as she said that a stern but kind voice answered the call.

"Uh Hello? Who is this?" He asked.

I almost died as Penelope and I both looked at each other and thought the same thing. What a fantastic voice.