Sneaking out

"Mikey?"

The orange clad turtle was crouching on a roof top above me, signalling for me to go into the ally way next to the building. Reluctantly, I make my way over and walked down the barely lit ally.

It wasn't long before he skilfully made his way down. I can't lie when I say I was impressed. He made that look like anyone could do it.

"(Y/n)! Oh. My. Gosh! I'm so sorry dudette! I didn't mean to take so long I swear,"

His hands were on my shoulders, a firm grasp on them as if scared I was going to walk off.

"The guys got suspicious when I said I could go this way alone, they don't think I'm responsible or something...anyway Leo told Donnie to come with me but I think I've lost him now,"

He spun his head around to see if he had actually been followed by his purple brother.

"It's okay," I spoke while trying to muster up some courage. He is the least frightening out of all of them. What have I to fear?

He let go of my shoulders and took a step back, his radiant smile sitting on his face.

"Wanna go up to the roof? We can talk there,"

"Um, sure. I don't see why not,"
I glanced up to see if there is any way for me to actually get up there. There were poles and balconies but no ladders.
"Mikey, I don't know how I'm going to get up,"

I put my head back down and stared at the still grinning turtle.

"Don't worry about that dudette. Mikey's got it covered!"

He swooped me up into his arms, one arm under my legs and the other supporting my back.

"Hang on!"

Before I could register what was happening he began scaling the building. My arms flung around his neck, trying not to fall out of his grasp.

I felt him land again on firm ground and got him to slowly lower me down.

"Thank you for riding the Mikey express!" He grinned.

I couldn't help but let out a shaky laugh as I looked over the edge. We were pretty high up.

"So...what would you like me to explain first?" He asked while clapping his hands together.

I took a seat on the roof top and crossed my legs, he followed suit and sat on his knees. I placed my take out bag from Murikami's in the middle and opened it up for us to eat.

"Um," I placed a finger on my chin and looked down as I thought of what I should ask first. So many questions...
"Maybe let's start with the basics. How come everyone was on edge last night?"

I looked back up and saw Mikey with his mouth full of food. He quickly gulped it down.

"Oh this is an easy one! We don't usually meet non-mutant people that aren't afraid of us or want to kill us, so when you came and didn't run away we were scared you would get hurt,"

Leo had mentioned something like that earlier. Mikey had a big smile still but I could see it in his eyes that it bothered him. I pushed the food his way and immediately the look disappeared, as well as the food.

"Hurt from Raph?"

"Maybe, Raph can be a real grouch sometimes so I wouldn't get on his bad side. But deep down he is more like a teddy bear!"

I let out a soft giggle. I can't for the life of me see how Raph and a teddy bear could be anything alike. That guys got attitude to spare.

"Who are your other human friends?"