Advancing P.2

Rahzar's POV

She's persistent, i'll give her that. I didn't imagine her being so stubborn regarding the 'vitamins'. I decided to call a break after around two hours of brain-numbingly slow practice on the old dummy. I had hoped to be properly duelings now if she had only taken the brain enhancers. 

I paced around the room, hard in thought of ways to convince her. She has motivation, that much is obvious, and even though she was learning slowly, she was doing a good job. But I only have a week to train her to be as good as I am, or even better. 

I stopped pacing and stared at the old dummy that stood in the centre of the dojo, wanting nothing more to punch it and send it flying across the room. 

Then an idea struck me. Perhaps she needs to see what she would be capable of, what she would be able to achieve in no time, if she just took the pills. 

Walking to dummy, I punched it as hard as I possible could, sending it flying to the air. 

Time for a show.

Before it had the chance to hit the ground, I began throwing all my best attacks towards it, incorporating flips and spins, punches, kicks, and the occasional claw slashes. 

By the time it had finally touched the floor, it was nothing more than a ripped open sand bag.

I tuned back around, looking at my stubborn student, and could practically see stars in her eyes. Her water bottle now abandoned on the ground, she stood up and ran towards me. 

"Teach me to do that," She breathlessly asked, much like a star-stuck kid.

"Sorry, with your skills, there is no way you would be able to do that for at least a few years, maybe even more," I explained, waiting for her to cave in. I already have her attention, I just need her to agree.

She paused for a second, taking in what I had said, disappointment clear on her face. She stayed quiet and I could practically hear the cogs twisting in her mind.

"If I take these vitamins....they will help me learn faster?" She questioned slowly. I could tell she was not trusting them 100% but I didn't care. I had her right where I wanted, so now I just have to seal the deal. 

"They will make you do what I just did and more in no time. After all, they worked for me," 

A little white lie never hurt anyone. 

It was another few seconds of silence before she finally spoke the only word I was after.

"Yes, okay then. They are just vitamins after all. Let me have a look at them,"

Moving quickly in case she changed her mind, I went out of the room and to the small bag that pain in the ass fly gave me, in it, two small pill containers, identical in look apart from a small dent in the bottom of mine. 

Grabbing them and going back to the dojo, I made sure to give her the right one. 

She carefully inspected the label, looking at ingredients and instructions. 

"They really are just vitamins," She concluded. I didn't realise how tense I had become until I heard her speak. "So one a day?" She asked, grabbing her water bottle and opening the container. 

"Yes, just one. These are strong, so it is important you don't take too many at once," I opened up my container of dud pills and waited. 

"Well, to better training," She mock toasted, while holding her water bottle and taking a swig of water, the pill going down with it. 

I couldn't help but grin. 

It worked. 

"To better training," With that, I placed the dud in my mouth, quickly realising it was just a mint. 

I took a step back, waiting to see what would happen. I had no idea what was going to happen, or what I was looking for to see if it had worked. 

"So, back to training?" (y/n) asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Without a word, we walked back to the middle of the room. 

"Okay, I want you to have a go at this combo," To see if it had set in, I began doing a punch combo, one that wasn't relatively hard, but one she would not be able to do first try normally. 

Once finished, I turned to her, waiting to see if she could copy me.

She took a second before beginning the combo. Each punch was done with pin point accuracy and with a grace I had not seen in her before. Once she had finished I watched her face light up.

"Woah! I did it!" She beamed, staring up at me, waiting for a reply.

Those pills worked faster than I had imagined. This really was going to work. 

"Okay, let's try something more complex,"

I want to give this a full test drive. Let's see how fast she will be able to learn. Time to spar.

We stood in the centre of the room again, bowing, ready to spar.

I made the first move, lungeing forwards and swiping. She made a narrow dodge but didn't have time to recover before I attacked again, getting a direct hit to her stomach. She was pushed back as her hands moved to hold where she had been hit. 

Again, I gave her no time before making the same two moves. I want to see if she will learn from experience as quickly as she did from sight.

Her eyes widened dramatically as she made a more precise dodge the the first swipe and almost as instinct, when I went for the second blow, she ducked and managed to get a hit of her own, just above my waist. 

We both froze.

She managed to get a hit on me. Second try. 

I looked back at the equally impressed girl and saw her stare at the hand she got me with. 

"How did you know what to do?" I asked. Getting more and more curious about the pills.

"It was like I had memorised every move you had already made. Like I already knew you were going to do it. I remembered when we were doing counter attacks to the dummy and suddenly it felt like I had trained on it my whole life." She took a step back and stared at me. "How?"

I grinned. Even though I could tell she was confused and maybe a little frightened, she was empowered and craved more. 

"Perhaps you are simply a fast learner. Want to try again?"

It was less than a second before an energetic nod came my way. 

We centred off and sparred, then again, then again. Each time, she picked up new moves and slowly began to accept the idea of this working as quickly as it was. 

Until 7pm that night, we spent every second training. Although she is getting pretty good, she still has a lot to learn. 

I can already see the pleased look on Shredder's face, this was going to work wonderfully.